Who can help with my situation now?

Bonjour everyone,
I am a student from Canton Mainland China.

I'd go to France in 2012( which is defined as the knell of the world)
for my further study to obtain the master of tourism as part of the program which allows the students in Canton University go to France.

I am good on languages.  My English is superior and fluent than my French.
I've been so dedicated to the languages as i love it.

Plus, i met my girlfriend who is french. I'd like to go there to be with her.

Here's the thing: I wanna be independent from my family financially since my father got a diabetes and i wanna share his burdens of fees there.
For my english, I didn't gain any certificate for proving its level neither my french( my gf said it was B1 of TCF)

What could I do if i got there? I mean the job issue. As far as i know, lots of my senior camarades who'd been in France don't even work there. But I know i am not that kind of people.

Thanks for reading it.......

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to have your answers....
I am extremely anxious and got into a great depression emotionally.

My dad told me to join the military and to apply for a public servant alike...of course that could bring me a stable job and a STABLE life.

But my wish is going to France(angers) to be with my beloved which is absolutely against my dad's will unless i could prove him that i am not that weak and could live a good life there....

Plus, as i know, lots of chinese are in Europe as illegal immigrants. However i would go to france through legal ways that L'Universite d'Angers provides us.

So...People, could you plz counsel something vital to light me...x_x...
I love my girl, Love my life...

Hi,
first of all:don't even think about going as an illegal!Far too risky. As a student,it will depend on what kind of visa you get.Normally,you won't e able to work. You can always consider tutoring in English or Chinese,though. If you just work a few hours pr. month,I don't think you risk any trouble.Even s a foreign student, you might have some rights to finacial support.This will have to be done once in France. Is your girlfriend working?
Anyway I think you should go for it!:)

My visa...i still don't know yet...Probably Student visa.
When i finish the study here, i would have BAC+4 equivalently.

My girlfriend has no job right now. She says she doesn't have much luck on finding a job. She is etudiante universitaire. So some works could be unfit to her timetable.

Sometimes i wonder even she can't gain a job right now, say nothing of that i could obtain on my own.........

Tuitor, one of my friend suggested me to do that in France. A chinese to teach English, what do you think on that?...
Rather, my aspiration would be working dans l'agence de voyage ou salesman on exporting or importing company, which would be exactly fit my will and my character of being socialized.

1:  Am i capable to do that?
2: Is that possible as working in that front?

Without a workvisa you won't be able to have a "regular" job.If you really want to live in France,you should first of all come as a student.You seem rather young,am I right?
I think you shouldn't get your hope to high. Come as a student,se how things ork out with your girlfriend,the studies etc. Then,you take it from there.
I wasn't only talkig about English tutoring. A lot of French students want to learn chinese.

Ah bon....J'irai en france. c'est obligatoire d'aller....

j'ai 21 ans......j'irai la pour la master j'ai dit.
avec le visa d'etudiant je pourrais travailler comme saisonner?

y a des compagnes qui peuvent nous offrir la position comme salesman?
ou y a des agences de voyage qui ont besoin des gens comme moi?

Even she could not find a job, how come i can....x_x

Hi again. :)
Here is a link that might give you some information:
http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/F2713.xhtml

With a student visa you can work a few hours,not full time.If you find a job,your boss must fill out a form mking it official.
As I said before,it's best to sort things out once you get to France.Sometimes,life is much easier,and nicer,than we fear!:D
You're young,your girlfriend is in France,you have a possibility to come,why hesitate?
I think your father will have more faith in you if you go mainly to study.Promis him you'll study hard,and convince him this is for you professional future as well,not only for your heart.;)

hai golo ^^ nice to read your story..i quite understood your feeling because i'll go to french to continue my education ^^ its not hard,but it's really possible for foreign students like us to get it

Hi Golo,

I read your nice story and of course if you have the chance to go you should go. But yeah it's not gonna be a "happy-everyday" life i guess.
Anyway, i knew some expats in france (thai people mostly), and to survive they did some jobs like working in Thai restaurants or giving free newpapers (metro, 20minutes) to people going in and out the Subway or Tramway. The "giving newspaper thing" is nice for student since it's very early in the morning and it does not require any french language skill at all hehehe ^^. You might also work in some factories on the weekends but for that it might be a bit more complicated to be hired.
Anyway, ask you gf to give you some contacts because i'm sure she knows someone there who could give you a small job. Usually, if people really want to, it's possible to find a job but yeah you might work at night or wake up early ...

Anyway we can keep in touch if you'd like.

helo drim

i think i sent you a private message to ask you about part time or small job in french

are u in jakarta? ^^
i hope you can help me to find some information

^^ merci

talatta wrote:

Hi again. :)
Here is a link that might give you some information:
http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/F2713.xhtml

With a student visa you can work a few hours,not full time.If you find a job,your boss must fill out a form mking it official.
As I said before,it's best to sort things out once you get to France.Sometimes,life is much easier,and nicer,than we fear!:D
You're young,your girlfriend is in France,you have a possibility to come,why hesitate?
I think your father will have more faith in you if you go mainly to study.Promis him you'll study hard,and convince him this is for you professional future as well,not only for your heart.;)

If we count on the fees on studying abroad as an invest activity, then going abroad to study is a bad choice
But if we regard it as an experience in life, it is invaluable for our life.

Good news. Mon pere m'a permit d'aller en france en condition que j'y vais par mon universite a canton

Merci de me repondre~

drim wrote:

Hi Golo,

I read your nice story and of course if you have the chance to go you should go. But yeah it's not gonna be a "happy-everyday" life i guess.
Anyway, i knew some expats in france (thai people mostly), and to survive they did some jobs like working in Thai restaurants or giving free newpapers (metro, 20minutes) to people going in and out the Subway or Tramway. The "giving newspaper thing" is nice for student since it's very early in the morning and it does not require any french language skill at all hehehe ^^. You might also work in some factories on the weekends but for that it might be a bit more complicated to be hired.
Anyway, ask you gf to give you some contacts because i'm sure she knows someone there who could give you a small job. Usually, if people really want to, it's possible to find a job but yeah you might work at night or wake up early ...

Anyway we can keep in touch if you'd like.

je suis plus competent que les autres je crois....je voudrais avoir un boulot comme le guide bilinguiste. anglais-francais ou les autres.
c'est possible pour un etranger comme moi?

It's nice your father is accepting,that makes things easier for you.As for being "plus competent que les autres"...Well,maybe you are,but you're facing a workpermit problem,not a competence problem.
There are very good exhange programs between French and Chinese universities,so this seems to be a good idea.

Hello golo, could you please post in English??

Thanks,
Harmonie.:)

le mec there is one option while applying your visa there was written "voulez vous traveiller en france?" you should mark that with this you can earn money there legally with part time work.

hI golo,

You might have good competence but some french people have english parents or korean etc so they can probably speak many languages perfectly. And guide is a probably a full time job anyway hehe. Don't put your expectations too high because even french don't always find part time jobs. You can apply for everything you wanna do but don't forget the stuff that you don't really wanna do. It's temporary jobs so even you haver a small job, keep looking for something you'd prefer lol. Hope for the best but don't expect much hehe :p

talatta wrote:

It's nice your father is accepting,that makes things easier for you.As for being "plus competent que les autres"...Well,maybe you are,but you're facing a workpermit problem,not a competence problem.
There are very good exhange programs between French and Chinese universities,so this seems to be a good idea.

thanks~
id glad to hear that.~

i am already in that program now. Universite d'Angers

Harmonie wrote:

Hello golo, could you please post in English??

Thanks,
Harmonie.:)

yes. i'd like to

xfinity wrote:

le mec there is one option while applying your visa there was written "voulez vous traveiller en france?" you should mark that with this you can earn money there legally with part time work.

Ah!
thanks for posting that....
if i chose "oui", it would enhance the negative chance of going to france?

drim wrote:

hI golo,

You might have good competence but some french people have english parents or korean etc so they can probably speak many languages perfectly. And guide is a probably a full time job anyway hehe. Don't put your expectations too high because even french don't always find part time jobs. You can apply for everything you wanna do but don't forget the stuff that you don't really wanna do. It's temporary jobs so even you haver a small job, keep looking for something you'd prefer lol. Hope for the best but don't expect much hehe :p

Haha....i am native Cantonese. i can write chinese charaters well as many guys out there dun know how to write it.~~~hahahahahaha

But i notice that there are many chinese there...X_x......
Nontheless, i appreciate ur word:Hope for the best but don't expect much.
i will remember that

no,if you have agreement paper from university ,you wont have any problem.finally you arent illegal worker going there you will both work and study.for example i didnt mark oui this option but they gave me permit to work so dont worry (:

i am worrying if i can find a job cuz everybody says :Europe crisis coming out of europe...

You will mainly be in France to study,right?I don't think you should count on earning all the money you need to live here from working in France.Your best bet is to save as much money as you can this year (in China),to have a little something to start with.Then,as Drim ans Xfinity are also saying,you try to find a job here you can combine with your studies.If you plan to stay in France it will be much better if you actually finish your studies,and don't drop out to work.