Living with someone who is not your wife

Hi,
I am looking to move to Brunei for about 3 years. The company have offered my to bring my long term girlfriend over but have mentioned a legal problem. Apparently it is illegal to be registered at the same address with a member of the opposite sex if you are not married.
What I want to know is whether this is related to Muslim residents only or is it a rule that the Bruneians disregard for foreign nationals?
If not I may have to get married but wouldnt want to be forced into that decision lol.
Any help you could give me would be great or lead me in the right direction.
Thank you.

Hi Spuds,
Unfortunetely what you have heard are correct. It doesnt matter if you are not moeslim, still you can not register in the same address. :-( there are some possibility, but you perhaps already know e.g. Get married or perhaps your girl friend need to find position here so she wont be your dependent. but then you will have two places ( I dont thing this is what you want also ).
Sorry...

Thank you nrasjid,

Its sorted now anyway, im getting married if I move here lol.

Thank you again

Woohoo! Good luck and all the best!

I am Ravinth
First of all ....How you manage to get a job in Brunei....
I am trying very hard,...just went into the form Blog.

All you good self's over there,...need your help to get me a position in a Power Station.

This is my mail add: [email protected]. Pls contact me, I will sent you my CV.

Thanking you in addvance.

Ravinth

I am Ravinth
First of all ....How you manage to get a job in Brunei....
I am trying very hard,...just went into the form Blog.

All you good self's over there,...need your help to get me a position in a Power Station.

This is my mail add: [email protected]. Pls contact me, I will sent you my CV.

Thanking you in addvance.

Ravinth