New here :)

Hi,

My name is Jen, I moved here to Tel Aviv to live with my Israeli boyfriend.  I was most recently living in New York City.  I grew up all over the place as an Army brat so new places are more exciting than scary to me.  I went to the University of Colorado - Boulder then to Institute of Culinary Education in NYC.  I have been working as a personal and restaurant chef for almost 4 years now.  I am hoping to get my visa business in order so I can get back in the kitchen :)  I don't speak any Hebrew yet....
I am excited to start life here and love that I found this forum :)

Not speaking Hebrew is not a huge problem here.  At least so far.  There are many people who work here who work only with native English speakers.  Of course it will be easier once you start learning Hebrew but there are all sorts of immersion programs here just for people like us.  ULPAN is the biggest and has the most variety.  I imagine that is where I will be attending language classes once I get all my affairs sorted.  Good luck to you and your wife :)

I have just completed a solo cycling journey from Cape Town through Africa to Israel covering 14 000km. I am recuperating here in Tel Aviv.I WOULD love to do some "lang arm dancing...long shot"anything happening here  T/A during the next few days...please contact me on 054 66 54 182

Hi Jen, I have just moved to Tel Aviv this month to live with my partner too. Would love to get in contact for some friendly advice about living in TA and a good chat if you are keen. Natalie.

Hiya!
My name is Eva originally from Barcelona, Spain but I have been living in Ireland, Dublin for the last 12 years but I will have to start a new life very soon in Israel because my husband has been told that from April he will be sent to Ashod Israel for at least 2 years and my plan will be joining him in May. How is life in Israel? Is safe? What about life there as a woman?

Looking forward to your replies!

Hello Eva,

I have moved to TLV a few months ago to also join my husband. Tel Aviv is great, very cosmopolitan and vibrant. You will come at the right time of the year as the weather will be very nice and not too hot. Its very international and the expats are friendly and open.
I am not quite sure how life is in Ashdod but life for woman is just like in Europe.

If you like to chat more or need more information, feel free to contact me.

Take care,

Lil

All of us "newbies" should get together somewhere :)

Totally agree.......:-)

Hi,
My name is Mariana, I'm originally from Brazil, and its my first week here in Israel. I moved to Israel with my husband because of his job, we will be living here for about 4 months, so Im trying to make some friends and explore this country the most I can.
Where is a good place to meet new ppl and make some friends?
Where do you usually go to have fun on weekends?

Have a nice week! :)

Mariana

There are just SO many people with our stories... coming here to join an Israeli partner! I totally agree that we should try to meet up somewhere. Let's make it happen!

Hi everybody,

I think my story is kind if the same... I am belgian and moved here two weeks ago with my boyfriend who just started a new job in Rehovot! I also don't speak any hebrew but a started a beginnersclass and it is really fun :) I am 26 years old and untill we moved I was working as a childpsychologist! We are planning on staying for about one/two years...

I would love to meet some other expats... maybe we can have a coffee in Tel Aviv (most central I guess for everybody :) To meet and exchange stories/experienes! What about next sunday?

Sarah

Shalom!

I decided to a create a Facebook group for us all to join so we can easily plan things and communicate. There are so many different threads on this topic and another thread I'm in on another board and I'd like us all to join forces! Here's the link. Request to join and I'll approve you :) This way we can meet up easily!

facebook.com/groups/333997326654396/

Welcome Sarah and Mariana :-)

Ashley, am on your group on Facebook now....
Toda raba

Hello girls:)
Same story here:) Me and my Israeli fiance moved to Israel (Bat Yam) 1 month ago, and it would be great to meet some other newcomers:)

Cheers
Monika

Welcome Monika :-)