Child care in Bangkok

Hi,

when settling in a new country, working parents are mostly concerned about finding child care services for their children.

What can you share with us about the child care system in Bangkok ?

How much is daycare in Bangkok?

Is the staff qualified at these daycare centers?

What are the usual opening hours?

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?

Any daycare center in Bangkok you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special?

Thank you for participating! :)

Hi,

I was wondering why no one has responded to this post yet. Anyways, maybe it's because expat moms who come here are mostly/initially stay-at-home moms like me. If they have young ones (babies), they'll stay home with them and take them to playgroups whenever, and if the kids are older they send them to (pre)school, like I do.

In terms of daycare, I was in contact with one, Fullakids International Daycare, 8500 baht per month plus one time registration fee of 3000 baht. Open Mondays - Fridays 7:30am - 5:30pm.

Hello yardiebarbie!

Thanks very much for your help ;)

Armand

Hi yardiebarbie and Armand

I am moving to Bangkok in July with my husband and young children and would love to know more about this. yardiebarbie, I sent you a PM.

Thanks

Hi, My email address; [email protected]

We have an infant  born in September 2014 and need a nanny in Bangkok for several months.

Please reply me

Thanks

Hello everyone,
I am going to move Bangkok in July. I am planning to get a job asap in Bangkok. But I have a baby of 1 year old. Can anyone suggest me a good childcare organization? Actually I am getting very worried about my baby's care. Please help me to find out a good childcare in Bangkok.

Musfira wrote:

Hello everyone,
I am going to move Bangkok in July. I am planning to get a job asap in Bangkok. But I have a baby of 1 year old. Can anyone suggest me a good childcare organization? Actually I am getting very worried about my baby's care. Please help me to find out a good childcare in Bangkok.

Welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you do a lot of research before you head to Bangkok. Find a job before coming over. You cannot just arrive and expect to find a job.Language will be a problem, you have to have accommodation, transport etc.
You may need enough money to last you 6 months or more before you start working.

Check this website for cos of living www.numbeo.com
Also take the time to read through the posts in the forum categories list, upper right hand side of this page. There is information the about visas and other information too.
Look in the housing section at the top of this page for rental costs.
Check the work listed in the jobs section at the top of this page.

Good luck.

Hello Stumpy,
Thanks a lot for your concern. Actually my husband is doing a great job in Bangkok right now. So there will be no problem for my & my daughter's visa, expenditure, accommodation etc. But thanks for your advice :) Can you please tell me what is the job scope for foreign pharmacts in Bangkok? Actually I am a pharmact. Do you know any pharmacists there? & again please do inform me about a good daycare organization.