Child care in San Jose

Hi,

when settling in a new country, working parents are mostly concerned about finding child care services for their children.

What can you share with us about the child care system in San Jose  ?

How much is daycare in San Jose ?

Is the staff qualified at these daycare centers?

What are the usual opening hours?

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?

Any daycare center in San Jose  you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special?

Thank you for participating! :)

Hello. We are moving to CR soon. Can we enroll our 3 year old kid to local kindergarten? Are there government and private kindergartens? What is the school fee range around San Jose / Heredia?

At 3 years old, this is too young for Kindergarten. You will be able to enroll the child into a private  daycare facility in your area, however I can't provide names or fees so you will have to search around the area after you arrive.

Additional electronically translated info that may help

I've been doing research on childcare for my 2 year old. There are many private preescolars, often taking children from as young as 6 months up through Kinder (more like PreK in the states). My 2 year old would be in a "maternal", while a 3 year old would be in "prekinder".  Prices vary widely, depending on the programming and the age of the child. I've seen anywhere from $275 - 600/ month for my child in the San Jose area. (I've been looking near Brasil and Guacima myself.) Most places have options for 1/2 day, full day, or full day with aftercare, and are bilingual to some extent. Hope this helps.

Also, I've found the best way to get in touch with the preescolars is via Facebook chat. They respond quickly that way, and then are happy to send brochures and rate sheets through e-mail.