Child care in Athens

Hi,

when settling in a new country, working parents are mostly concerned about finding child care services for their children.

What can you share with us about the child care system in Athens ?

How much is daycare in Athens?

Is the staff qualified at these daycare centers?

What are the usual opening hours?

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?

Any daycare center in Athens you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special?

Thank you for participating! :)

Hey Armand,

Me & my partner moved to Greece in April. She is a qualified nursery nurse & a nanny. From her experience only the most senior staff are qualified by US/UK standards, this I believe is due to the fact that in Greece there are no (or none we know) recognized bodies that you can qualify as a nursery nurse without having to go to university. The other reason is probably cost of having qualified staff since it is not something sought out by parents(again from our experience). That of course doesn't make them less  able to perform the role but since you asked :-)

I am not sure where you are based in Athens but after nannying for the past 6 months my partner has found (after being to see a few) a really nice nursery in Kifisia & will be starting there in January. She said it is by far the best she had seen and the staff are from abroad but also has Greek teachers. Not sure on daycare costs there but if you are interested I can ask her on the name.

Good luck with it!
Stel

Hello Stel!

Thanks a lot for your help ;)

Regards
Armand