International schools in Izmir?

Hello All,

I have been doing some internet searches and can not seem to find any international schools? Seems unbelievable.

Are there any schools in Izmir that teach in English?

Thanks

http://www.international.mef.k12.tr/izmir/

IZMIR MEF INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL

and are you looking for primary education schools?

and there are lots of college (in Turkey it means private schools starting from kindergarden including school education too) and private schools too... you dont need to worry.

http://www.isikkent.k12.tr/eng/ have a look at this please also.

you can find more of these kind of school in this link: http://forum.kusadasi.biz/threads/schoo … mir.17470/

Thank you so much!

teşekkür ederim ( I hope this literally means Thank You..I googled it)

I have a child. He's 18months and I'm looking for a kindergarten for him....any help?
Thanks!

Above mentioned and the schools in the link, all of them have kindergardens...

But Izmir Turk Koleji have kindergardens in different locations of the city. Maybe because of this, it can be more considerable:

http://anaokulu.ozelturkkoleji.com/Sayf … 4%B1z.aspx

and they have playgroups for the babies under 36 months old...

Or try to contact people from International Women Association of Izmir, they organise playgroups and they can suggest you more tips.

: facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000836957808

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!

hello to izmir!!
i also have a 18months baby and would like to find a kindergarden
please please help me
des francais peut etre????

Hello every one,

I am also looking for international school for my kids(kinderguarden and primary). they speak french, italian, english and arabic

We will arrive in Turkey around 15 october

Can any one suggest some good school? i think a 5th language will be too much for them

Thank you

Hi, there is a great chance we will be moving to Izmir . Please let me know what you did. I am looking for an English or French speaking school. All I found is MEF which is way too expensive for me.  Any tips please?

Hi
This is Nieves from Spain, I´ve just seen your message and i have the same question as you.
Maybe you were in Izmir and now you can help me about any international shool and good places to live.
I don´t know anything about the place.

Thanks a lot

Nieves

Hello Nievesnieves,

This is an old thread inactive since 2013.

If you don't get any responds, you can create a new thread in the Izmir forum to relaunch the discussion.

Thank you,
Marjorie

Hello Nieves,

Did you have any info about international schools either than MEF??? Im driving crazy

Hi.
It seems there is just one international school in Izmir.
MEF.
You can find further information in Internet and you can even ask for it at the school and the administration department will also send it to you (tthere are really very nice).
Nice day!!

Hello everyone,

We are thinking of moving to Izmir.
Can enyone help me with international schools?
The only one I find is MEF...
We have 13 i 15 years old sons.

There are other schools in Izmir that offer international curricula, although I don't know if they truly qualify as "international". You might want to check out the following schools as well:

1. ACI (American Collegiate Institute)- high school in Goztepe; Offers the IB program in high school with everything except Turkish & Social Sciences taught in English; I believe they have strict entrance requirements that are based on an academic exam, or being a foreign student that already lives in Turkey
2. SEV- the same campus as ACI, but is an elementary & middle school in Goztepe
3. TED Izmir- currently K-7 and is a Cambridge school; students are supposed to get 10 hours of English a week, although I can't comment on the quality. Located in Urla, so a bit far from the city center
4. Issikent- K-12 school in Bornova; They offer Cambridge programs (IGCSE in the high school) and have quite a few native speaker teachers

I know there is also a French school & a German school (TEV?)  in Guzelbahce. I believe those are the languages of instructions, but I don't know anything about their curriculum or entrance requirements

Good luck!

They just open a New full english programm class With a native teacher for children from 3 to 6 at Gymboree Mavisehir area.... In case anyone would be interested

Sorry about late reply, here is a small list of international schools in Izmir in addition to the ones stated above. Great help everyone. Please feel free to add any schools that you know know of!

American Collegiate Institute
Deutsche Schule Izmi
Issikent K12
MEF International Schools
Piri Reis
St Joseph's
The American College
Sirinyer Lise

You can check their websites online. Hope this is helpful

Z

For everyone looking for Kindergartens in Izmir, here is a comprehensive list. These institutes offer Kindergartens/playgroups in Izmir. Please feel free to add

Aquababies
Deutsche Schule
IWAI (International Women's Association of Izmir)
Marions Kindergarten
MEF International School

Hope this helps.
Z

Hi there,
There is only one here and called MEF ( http://izmir.mef.k12.tr/ )

Hope it helps.

Kadir

Hello -

Any luck on updates for primary schools?  We are considering a move to Izmir as well with a 6 year old son  - 1st grader - not kindergarten.  Very challenging to find an affordable school that is English language, dual language, or French.