Omani Driving License

Hi,

I have got UAE Automatic driving license and want a omani DL now.

What is the procedure of exemption of drum and slope test??

Do I need to get my UAE license attested ??

Please explain.

Thanks in Advance

Hi Everyone....

I will be relocating to Oman most likely by end Sept/beginning Oct. I have Qatar Driving License, which is valid until Nov 2013. I was wondering if anyone here could advise me if i would be able to convert it to Oman Driving Licence?

Thanks in advance.

thx for ur ideas, as I am also trying to get license

i wish to know about driving licence in easiest way.

Hi rejithriyan,

May be an introduction might be most welcome? :)

Can you please give us more details about what you are the information you are looking for, in order to guide you accordingly.

Thank you,

David.

[Moderated: avoid multiple post pls]

Hello,

I have been through driving yesterday with Omani Trainer in Ghubra area. Why he was behaving rudely with me?? I know i am here to learn driving and paying 6 R.O. per hour. It doesn't mean he should treat me such a wrong way.I don't know what is in the point to be angry unnecessarily.

Driving is part of life and it is not inside talent. So everyone can learn it from scratch. So whether it is oman or any place of world, everyone get driving licence. Do'nt afraid from ROP. Its habit to get rejected sometimes.

If there is a will, there is a way. Remember and go ahead!!!!!!!!

ALL THE BEST

Nimesh!
How many times you've appeared in the test. Well let me clear you bro. If you haven;t been able to pass the test more than 6 times, that's quite natural for the instructor to be mad on you, however if you haven't gone through the test yet, yes that's a mistake from him then...

All you can do is to change the instructor and take lessons from some nice guy.

Schaz!!!

I have not gone through test. Yesterday is a first day of training and i was with trainer in the morning. Fortunately i have  driving license one year back from India, so which skipped the drum and slope test. So that trainer has to teach me about omani driving rules and other things. But he spoken about who have given driving license in India and all angry on me. I know since a long time i have not tried driving so difficulties must be there but that trainer shouting on me unnecessarily.

So now i need good trainer near Al-Kuwair or A;-Ghubra area. If anyone here having contact please give me.

Thanks in Advance.

Nimesh,
Then I will suggest that you should immediately get rid of this driver as it will really create a lot of issues further.

Driving is one of the most important task, being here in Oman and it should be learned in peace, rather than in panic. I will try to locate the number of one of my known contact who is very nice and will give it to you.

Meanwhile, try to packup with this guy.

Thanks Mr.schaz

getting liscense here in oman is very tough , but getting a trainer is an nightmare .

chetan.patil wrote:

getting liscense here in oman is very tough , but getting a trainer is an nightmare .

I had a very good driving instructor in Muscat, but he got automatic learner's car, should you need I can send his contact number. He is polite and respects the time, he always come ahead of me and ensure that 1 hour lesson is 60 minutes.

I have passed. What all documents to carry to get the license .

thanks

liju Hema wrote:

thanks

Hello liju Hema,

There is a form which needs to be bought at ROP for 200 Baiza first and that form will be all in Arabic. So your trainer must be there / or someone who can read and write Arabic to fill it up for you.

Besides, you need to carry a copy of your blood test report from any clinic to ratify your blood group, a photocopy of your resident card and the original, plus R.O. 20/- towards issuing the licence card (which would have to be paid electronically and not as cash).

Good luck !

Sumitran wrote:
liju Hema wrote:

thanks

Hello liju Hema,

There is a form which needs to be bought at ROP for 200 Baiza first and that form will be all in Arabic. So your trainer must be there / or someone who can read and write Arabic to fill it up for you.

Besides, you need to carry a copy of your blood test report from any clinic to ratify your blood group, a photocopy of your resident card and the original, plus R.O. 20/- towards issuing the licence card (which would have to be paid electronically and not as cash).

Good luck !

Forgot to mention ... also carry about 5 passport size photographs with blue background.

dear sir,

I have valid UAE driving license with Automatic option. When I visit to ROP to convert into Oman driving license  they informed to me  according to new rule implemented from Jan 2013 we cant convert UAE driving license automatic option (if its manual we can change but in my case its automatic).

Please someone advise me how to change my UAE license or I will have to start from the beginning with manual option for the Oman driving license.or how i can remove the drums and slop option from my traning

if you have UAE automatic DL, then, as far as I know you can directly give a road test.

can you send me your mobile number

I haven't done it. I only know it from other people.

Am holding a Canadian driving licence.... what  are the laws concerning those holding a CA licence?. Thanks

Hi Ekoh,
If you are a Canadian citizen holding a Canadian driving license, you can get a Omani driving license with no hassles.
You might just need to undergo a eye test and provide the necessary documents.

Waseem,

UAE automatic driving license cannot be converted to Omani Manual license.
However, conversion from UAE automatic to Omani Automatic is possible.

Good luck

Dear Mr. Crusaderzzz,

please send me your contact's, i want to exchange.

@ waseemriz > Do note that the target of this forum is to exchange information, so i think that it would be best to do the sharing here. :)

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

@Priscilla, Please guide and share with me your idea about my license exchange :(

@ robert,

Where is the Link? please advise

Regards,

Waseem

HI waseemriz > "robert" was a spammer. His account get deleted. Priscilla is from the Expat.com team. For your question, you might start a new topic on the forum. Thank you.

Dear Chirstine,

Thank you very much for your advise and guidance

Hi,
I would like to know if there is such thing as drivers license for a 2 wheel or motorbike vehicle in Oman? Which they say is different from a regular drivers license and is easier to obtain?

I would like to change my Dubai Manual License to Oman driving licence. What is the procedure for that ?
In my Dubai licence its not written automatic or manual. So I hope that would not be a problem when i go to change.

Dear All,
Those who wish to know about how to convert Dubai License to Oman License.

Yesterday I went to ROP in Seeb after 8pm( they are closing by 9pm) ,went to the counter and requested the police officer to change my license to oman license. He asked my original Dubai license and labour card and copies of them + 2 passport size photos with blue background. unfortunately i hadnt the copy of labour card and i rushed to a petrol pump near by to get the copies. So please keep copies in hand. and please keep bank card as they dont take cash.
They checked my license ( i think they checked for Automatic or manual).and i gave the copies and photos .One police officer filled(arabic)and told me to go for eye test (nothing to worry about eye test). One higher ranked officer signed my papers and they issued my license. They will take the Dubai Licence . Will take 20 mins for the whole procedure if there is no rush. Better go after 730pm. 20Omr is the service charge.

Thank you

Dear Mr. Lalluzz,

could you please inform, your license is Automatic or manual

Dear Waseem,

My License is manual.

dear i am facing problem with automatic they are not changing my licences

Ya i heard that from 2013 ROP issue only manual for men. That is y they reject automatic Dubai license. Did you went to seeb ROP to check ? Just try your luck...
Or the only option is ,do the tests. Lot of ppl taking license here. So dont listen to anyone. it depends upon how you drive...if you panic while you drive you will ofcourse loose.

Just as an information, Manual driving licenses are the only option for men in Oman. Automatic & Manual option is available only for women. So naturally, they can't change an automatic license. I guess they would change the Automatic Driving License of a women though.....

Hi Folks,

I wanted to know a good training fellow and institute in Salalah, Dofar region ? If any know good contacts please share ...

I would like to ask one more thing ... Can we drive automatic transmission car if we have manual transmission license taken in Oman ? I need to get a licence for myself.. Planning which one to go...

I have 5 yrs of manual transmission car driving experience in India....

With a manual driving license, you can drive any kind of transmission. Manual, Automatic etc. As a matter of fact, the availability of manual cars in Oman, has reduced drastically, most of the cars are automatic, which just beats the logic of the insistence of obtaining a manual license.  :/

I learned driving first time in Oman. It was a tough task for me... I learned it for roughly 9 months from August 2009-May 2010. I went for 6 road tests and finally passed the test on May 24, 2010. Omani driving is easy. I then moved on to United Kingdom. where the driving test is tougher than Oman. Here in the UK we have to drive with the examiner for 40 minutes compared to mere 5-10 minutes in Oman. I got Indian licence from India without any test after showing my Omani licence in 2010 too. My advice to u is just practice around the test area Shatti or Ruwi where ever u have the test and be calm n relaxed on the test day when the Police comes to ur car