Motobike Driving Lesson.

I'm trying to learn how to drive motobike. Anyplace to do it in HCMC? How is the cost?

It is very easy to try. No need to come the class.
Im living in Binh Thanh. if y are living here. i can help y as my place, there is a private park for doing exercise.
Regards,
Thuy

hi im jovy! just want to ask if your still teaching the motorbike lesson,i really want to learn.thanks!

hi Jovymalit_19. I can teach you how to ride a motorbike in Vietnam for free :) Or invite me a cup of coffee if you want. I'm in HCM city.

Hello jovymalit_19 -> To note that this thread is old (2011). Do not hesitate to post an advert as well in the Classes section in the Ho Chi Minh City classifieds. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

ccana wrote:

I'm trying to learn how to drive motobike. Anyplace to do it in HCMC? How is the cost?

contact me, near my home area is quite for training this, I used to train my brother from sweeden a couple of years ago, he finally can drive after some hours, I do for free...

any guys interested in this feel free to contact me, i will sort my time to help out.

Cheer

Hi there I am interested in taking lessons. I rented a motorbike but now need to learn how to ride it. I am in district 3. Can anyone help me?

hi Dear ,

its not much complicated to drive but a bit in hcmc

Thanks
Raf

Mn Saigon wrote:

Hi there I am interested in taking lessons. I rented a motorbike but now need to learn how to ride it. I am in district 3. Can anyone help me?

you want to get help ? find any quite street in your place then i can help out

it`s easy to ride

I was in a Honda dealership today and I saw that they have a setup to teach driving.  I don't know if your have to buy first or not.  It has a seat, a computer screen,  and handlebars and pedals set up like a Wave with foot shift and a foot brake.  I didn't ask to turn it on but it might be fun to try.

The real problem here is not learning to drive in an empty parking lot.  It is learning the uniquely Vietnamese rules of the road.  These include but are not limited to, never slowing down when entering an intersection, moving across incoming traffic before turning left, and taking off from a red light when the countdown get to 2.  Also remember that the right-of-way is based on mass times velocity.  That guy in the SUV blasting his horn really expects you to get out of his way because he is rich enough to own a car.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. My problem was that the original bike I rented was to big and heavy for me. I just this morning switched to a smaller bike and wow what a difference....I think I'm ok riding it now and like you said it's about learning the rules of the road now.

The main thing to remember when driving here is dont worry about the road rules, nobody else is, and just think about yourself.Dont worry about the other drivers as they are doing the same thing, if you feel like doing a turn in front of someone or just want to stop in the middle of the road to answer your phone, its ok, no problem.

i can tell that...there is some basic rules for traffic here... if you get it, it will safer !!

people attend traffic on the right side, when you drive across the street you should turn the light to let people know and look around you ( half street )...especially, people run behind you

it`s not difficult, just need to notice some of it when you out then  everything will be fine

No need to go to school for driving. You just ask the Vietnamese to teach you how to drive.

Protect your self with safety equipment especially helmet. If you think your head are precious, use helmet that covers all of your head, riding motorbike is fun but you will never know what will happen in the road. Maybe you drive very carefully but others might not

Hello,

I am interested in taking lessons to learn hoz to drive a motobike in Saigon. Can you help me ?

Arthur

Hello,

I am interested in taking lessons to learn hoz to drive a motobike in Saigon. Can you help me ?

Arthur

Riding in HCMC is like finding yourself in the middle of a 3-D video game where anything can come at you from any direction, and you only have one life.. (from WikiTravel) :)

Mr_Bek wrote:

Riding in HCMC is like finding yourself in the middle of a 3-D video game where anything can come at you from any direction, and you only have one life.. (from WikiTravel) :)

i don`t think so, people often follow right side :D and should pay attention to about fixed distant ahead to control everything come up on 3D screen lol, so Wikitravel will need some technique how to drive safely... I have drove for 20 years here so far, i have never get any accident even though, slight hitching :lol:

That's good, Jonh_Nathan.

In the beginning it may seem so difficult to ride here, but after some time, riding day by day, you will be more confident about yourself and ride easily, like me. :)

Btw, are you 30 years old and have 20 years riding experience? ;)

Anyway, I always wish You safe ride!

Mr_Bek wrote:

That's good, Jonh_Nathan.

In the beginning it may seem so difficult to ride here, but after some time, riding day by day, you will be more confident about yourself and ride easily, like me. :)

Btw, are you 30 years old and have 20 years riding experience? ;)

Anyway, I always wish You safe ride!

lol hhhaa, sure ...I`m 31 years old guy, I cycled since 8-9 years old, i`m not remember exactly then I moved to Bike at university :D

Anybody still up to teach me how to pass the vn driving license test? (not the written one)

So basically can ride a scooter but I have never ride a moped or other manual bike. If you can teach asap it would be great. Coffee and Free English on me:)

I live in Tan Dinh.

LoL, I'm using a scooter now. So, if you have a manual bike, I can help you.

As I ask in another post Im looking for a manual bike to rent:) Let me ask my guards they might have some spare for me to use

Miss Mae it's not manual but semi-automatic. More like automatic if anything.

Manual bikes will stall if not giving it gas or not put in neutral and not clutch in if not in neutral. There is no clutch on these bikes you're taking test on nor shifting gears is required.

Just have to put the bike in 2nd,3rd or 4th gear before taking the test and leave it at that gear.

To change gears on these bikes you're doing test on let off the throttle and shift.

I need to get back on the horse. 

I spent a few weeks practicing driving around the complex, learning to take corners, etc., then my partner said it's time for he maiden voyage into the city.  I asked him to go slow and not far.  So he goes 60 all the way across the city, weaving wrecklessly.  I was terrified and it took me a year to resume just riding around the khu vục. 

People don't pay attention here.  Every time we go out someone does something suicidal, turning right in front of us, almost always a woman with a dust mask who never looks remotely concerned she just about got killed.  I can't imagine riding in heavy traffic here.

It would be fine riding here if the locals actually took some care on the road.

Around 15usd, very cheap!

If your new on a bike I'm more than happy to help.
I have been riding motorcycles for over 10yrs
I have and M1 endorsement and have done upper level riding classes in in the states.

Hello All,
I am in HCMC for the next couple of weeks looking to take some bike lessons before buying and heading north. Anyone know of a reliable teacher away from the chaos of the city? Any advice/contacts would be excellent!
Thanks!
Sam

(Moderated: Please avoid leaving your phone number on the forum)

Where to get the licences ? Motorbike , car .... If I Ve only a Singapore car license , what's the criteria ?
Tks I'm advance guys

Hello are you still giving lessons jinxedta?

If you want to get the license, you need to know Vietnamese language to take the test. If not, you need to have an international license for transfer.

Hello! I'm working here in Saigon and I really need a couple of lessons, because I have real troubles with 2 wheel devices :)
If someone can, please help, it's vital skill here.

It seems that no one can help me with this thing ?)

Just hop on a bike and ride it yourself. It's not like most Vietnamese know how to ride their bike properly anyway. It'll take a few crashes before you get a handle on it. Just act innocent when you crash into others. Give them a dirty look and you'll be fine. Be confident and oblivious to everyone around you . Just act like a local.

axebasila wrote:

Hello! I'm working here in Saigon and I really need a couple of lessons, because I have real troubles with 2 wheel devices :)
If someone can, please help, it's vital skill here.

You can try to contact VN Drivers License. People at this driving school do speak english . Some friends have had their vn licence through that school and told me they were very helpful. Here's their contact : vndriverslicense[at]gmail.com. Good luck !

Hey guys.  I've been riding motorbikes in Australia of all shapes and sizes for over two decades now.  I have ridden both dirt bikes and road bikes through many SE Asia countries and I now commute daily on a bike here in Saigon.
As I'm always happy to meet new and interesting people I'd be willing to help teach beginners the unique skill of surviving the chaos that is HCMC traffic on a bike.  So long as this doesn't start to take up too much time, I'm happy to do this for a fee of a cup of coffee or a cold beer at the end of the day.

@BCamm, hello!
Are u living here in HCM? It would be nice to make new friends here in Saigon and to learn how to ride a bike as a nice addition!
So I am in! =)