Any teachers just started with Education Experts?

Here are many Good institute and sure they need professional people(like Berlitz) and also they pay good salaries.

Enviro save wrote:

Allicat u made my heart "broken" dont u knw many many environmental consultancies are here.scope is here for environmental scientists. but i m interested in teaching line and about to start giving my cv in universities...

primary schoool noo :(

Well fine but didn't you say earlier nobody is interested in you?  Just giving you some alternative ideas. 

ARE you a woman and ARE you a 'trailing spouse'?  You don't give much information about yourself.

If you are so vague writing to prospective employers, I understand why they're not getting back to you.

khuramluck wrote:

Here are many Good institute and sure they need professional people(like Berlitz) and also they pay good salaries.

And *why*, pray tell, would Berlitz be interested in somebody who wants to teach environmental science?  And, FYI, they don't pay particularly well plus they don't really have a good international reputation.

He's just trying to contribute to the original topic I reckon.  The one that was hijacked.

Beakersful wrote:

He's just trying to contribute to the original topic I reckon.  The one that was hijacked.

Actually, he's a hijacker lol  Wants to find a job in a field that has nothing to do with Education Experts.

And incidentally, hi Beakersful.  Welcome to the forum :)

Hi Alliecat :)  long time reader and just decided to register a few weeks (hopefully) before touchdown (and due to the Ed Ex conversation still being open ended which wasn't doing this murky subject justice)

applebananamilk wrote:

The world would be a better place if the Middle East did not exist.  Riyadh is nice for about 2 minutes, and then you realize that you have actually entered hell and not a holy land.  My advice is look real hard at the money being given to you.  Why is it high?  Hazard pay?

Many of us do just fine in the Kingdom by keeping our expectations realistic and low.  However, it sounds like you didn't take time to thoroughly research the region and the contracting company (dodgy EdEx) before agreeing to come over to claim your personal pot-o-gold. 

But why be miserable when there may be a silver lining?  If you're working illegally on a business visit visa, then you only need to head to the airport with passport and airline e-ticket in hand (and a big smile of relief on your face) to depart the country.  No need to even inform EdEx that you're leaving.

Hi everyone I have been reading all your posts and they have been extreamly informative.  I am from the UK and have been offered a contract with EDEx, they have however told me to pay for my Visa for now untill it gets remubursed after a month of working in The Kingdom.  The Visa costs is £450 has anyone else had this told to them please get back to me quik as am due to sign the contract on Friday

bnazir wrote:

I am from the UK and have been offered a contract with EDEx, they have however told me to pay for my Visa for now untill it gets remubursed after a month of working in The Kingdom.  The Visa costs is £450 has anyone else had this told to them please get back to me quik as am due to sign the contract on Friday

Paying up front for your visa fees is the norm whether you're hired directly or through a contracting company.

smurfette wrote:

Paying up front for your visa fees is the norm whether you're hired directly or through a contracting company.

My workplace (direct hire) paid for everything to get me incountry.  I did cough up a small amount for the (second) medical (for Iqama) that I had to take here, but got reimbursed in my first pay check.

So, I guess by 'norm' standards we're very lucky at our place, and our bosses look after us.

I'm waiting from ur reply .tank you

Any male teachers working for EDEX in Saudi. I just got in contact with EDEX today about going over. I guess the 20 hours they spoke of will really be 30. Can you give me any advice on working there? Especially the visa, medical stories.

Beakersful wrote:

My workplace (direct hire) paid for everything to get me incountry.

Mine did the same.  And none of this 'business visa' crap which is, actually, illegal  but many of them do it and seem to get away with it.

dafenius wrote:

Any male teachers working for EDEX in Saudi. I just got in contact with EDEX today about going over. I guess the 20 hours they spoke of will really be 30. Can you give me any advice on working there? Especially the visa, medical stories.

I hope you didn't think this meant a total of 20 working hours?  It would mean 20 classroom hours, actually teaching.  You have to add to that prep time, office hours, monitoring testing, filling in for other teachers as needed, meetings, etc.

They said 20 contact hours which is teaching. I hope I have set hours not split shifts. I know i will be working 48 hours.

I was thinking the 20 hours contact time they spoke of would actually be 30,as some other people have written. I expect 48 hours a week. What I dont want is a split shift, morning and evening, as this will make it feel like I am working much longer hours. Can you tell me if EDEX hours are set?

Hi Kickboxer,

I spoke with EDEX yesterday and they seem legit. Did you have any problems with promises they made you? Is the accomodation good? Did you have to share with someone? I am hoping to come out in July. Would really love some advice from a teacher already working there.
Regards,

Dafenius.

Hi Everyone!

I've been having a look round at the Adwaa Rabia vacancies in Saudi for teaching and they state you must be 23 or above. I was just wondering if any one here is 21-22 and has got a job teaching in Saudi or knows of anyone?

Thanks in Advance

tranquility wrote:

I've been having a look round at the Adwaa Rabia vacancies in Saudi for teaching and they state you must be 23 or above. I was just wondering if any one here is 21-22 and has got a job teaching in Saudi or knows of anyone?

Someone aged 21-22 won't have enough post-degree teaching experience.  Additionally, they're not likely to be mature enough to teach students so close to their age.  Frankly, I'd argue that age 25 is still too young.

dafenius wrote:

I spoke with EDEX yesterday and they seem legit. Did you have any problems with promises they made you? Is the accomodation good? Did you have to share with someone? I am hoping to come out in July. Would really love some advice from a teacher already working there.

You might want to take a look at the threads about EdEx within the Saudi job discussion forum on Dave's ESL Cafe.

need info on education experts

baby boomer wrote:

need info on education experts

Uh, didn't you see my post---the one right before yours?

In your answer you missed the posters lack of capitalisation for more appropriate response :)

Beakersful wrote:

In your answer you missed the posters lack of capitalisation for more appropriate response :)

So are you an education expert, Beaker? ;)

ALLIECAT i am education expert :P:cheers:

salman_123 wrote:

ALLIECAT i am education expert :P:cheers:

Oh, you are such a funny boy! :D:dumbom:

Beakersful wrote:

I can't help but have "optimist/pessimist" thought running through my head every time that comes up.  The 'experts' in this field are few and far between, and always slammed down when it doesn't suit a personal/political purpose.

Few opportunities in this locale to discuss this face to face though.

yes ALLIECAT :P lets hav sum fun :joking:

salman_123 wrote:

yes ALLIECAT :P lets hav sum fun :joking:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6859824128/h7A8EF163/

here my dady is coming :P:D

Hello.

Maybe we could come back to the initial topic now. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

i have a friend working with education experts they r taking good care of him.

I was contacted by Education Experts, and honestly the recruiter gave me the heebie jeebies. Actually, he had the same name as another recruiter from another company who had been polite to me. I was confused and wondered why he was suddenly so rude. Anyway, I was floored. In any case...

This EdEx guy was very aggressive and wanted my CV like yesterday. After I sent it and called to check, he became extremely arrogant and dismissive and made me feel like he was doing me a favor by even talking to me. Days later he sent me a contract. I kid you not. No interview, no email message, no phone call, absolutely nothing . Nothing doing.

I would not recommend dealing with them. One can only imagine the horrors of dealing with such a person for the long term!

I am trying to get a job abroad In Saudi! I have a masters and a CELTA

sharifabegum wrote:

I am trying to get a job abroad In Saudi! I have a masters and a CELTA

So just reply to one of the many ads at daveseslcafe.com.

Good luck.

Anyone applied from UK or had an interview from them in London?

Anyone under 24 ever worked for them?

Hi everyone,

I have just had a job offer from Saudi British Centre. Anyone knows them or been  there? my job offer is through an agency called TLTP.

This thread ought to be renamed "Anyone working for EdEx and illegally stuck in Riyadh with an expired visa?" Judging by recent events.

Beakersful wrote:

This thread ought to be renamed "Anyone working for EdEx and illegally stuck in Riyadh with an expired visa?" Judging by recent events.

Care to elaborate? Details!

Details on Dave's.

It's about time the authorities stepped in and sorted them out once and for all.