Health cliniq

i heard motherdove cliniq in cathedral road  is the best for expats
can someon guide me to the place
thx

Well... There are lots more better places. Would be great if u could temme what exactly you are looking for. There occurs variety of places depending upon the service which u look forward. Cheers

After trying several places I have decided to ONLY go to Apollo. The main Apollo on Greams road is very busy and crowded but they have some other Apollo clinics around town that are really pleasant.

I suggest checking with your nation's consulate recommendations to find a good regular doctor as your first and best option for most things. There are many clinics and hospitals and the quality of the facility and the staffing varies greatly.

For example, went to a hospital on the same street where I live (for convenience) with a screaming ear infection and the kind ER doctor there got a flashlight (torch) and attempted to look into my ear while apologetically explaining that only ENT doctors had those otoscopes. For the same price I went to Apollo and they had an otoscope which gave the diagnosis of a wax blockage which then removed revealed an ear infection.

All of the health providers seem to be similarly priced so I figured I may as well pick the one that seems to be the best staffed with the best equipment even if it means a bit of traveling from my home.

The chief of emergency medicine at the main Apollo is wonderful and a miracle worker in so far as I am concerned. They have great equipment also. A colleague's family member had a severe emergency and Apollo was really good.

That said if you ever need an ambulance know that you have to call the hospital to which you wish to go and the ambulance is then dispatched from the hospital to your location which may take a long time. When I had a major and severe allergic reaction it was quicker for me to start out right away for the hospital rather than waiting for an ambulance. Most ambulances are NOT equipped with life saving equipment but you can request that the Apollo ambulance be equipped, otherwise it is regular drivers with little health training.

One last thing to keep in mind, unless you are in intensive care in the hospital there is very little nursing care. Family members are expected to hire someone or to provide the care themselves. This was a shock to us. If you need blood you must also find your own source. There are a few other differences such as you have to go to the pharmacy of the hospital to buy medical supplies such as would be given to the hospital room in the US and then billed to the patient. It is inconvenient if you are alone to have to go down to the pharmacy in the Indian hospitals.

Medical care here at major facilities can be quite good but everyone we know goes to Thailand for anything elective since the nursing care is excellent and there are 5 star hospitals so clean you can eat off the floors and have a spa like quality to your stay. I would feel comfortable having anything done in India just short of a surgery (unless it was an emergency in which case I would consent at Apollo).

Most medicines are cheaper here in India, but some are not available. For example you cannot buy Tamiflu as the Indian government has stockpiled it for dispensing to anyone with need at governmental hospitals. Also OTC things like ibuprofin, tylenol (panadol), etc. are cheaper in the USA when bought in bulk. Anyone with allergies to food dye should be careful with some Indian medicines such as throat gargles (that was what caused my reaction and quick trip to hospital ER)

There are many fine doctors and facilities in Chennai. Hope you can find what you are looking for.