Hello from Washington State

Hi, all.
Just joined the blog and wanted to introduce ourselves.  We (John & Debbie) have wanted to move for some time and see different parts of the world, and Scotland fits so much of what we're looking for in a home base.  I'm in the early stages of putting information together and learning about this process, and I have to admit to feeling a little overwhelmed.  I (Debbie) am a social worker and plan to return to school in Scotland and earn my PhD. I'm so glad to have found this website and forum and look forward to networking and learning all I can before we move.  Thanks!  :)
--Debbie

Hi Debbie! I'm from Wa State as well. A little more north though. I am married to a Scotsman, and we're looking to relocate back to Scotland next year. I've been doing a lot of research on the immigration over and if I can help you wade through it as well let me know :)

Thanks, Bethany.

There certainly is a lot of research to wade through.  But I just passed my licensure test here in WA so now I can focus on school, job, etc abroad.  I'll get back to you if it gets overwhelming. :D  And good luck with your move as well.  Hope everything works out as you'd like!

Me too.  Im from Seattle.
My plan is to retire soon.  Was hoping to spend a year or two in Scotland.  Well, what I am finding that is not do-able.  Seems with a passport you can only stay 6 months.  Also seems getting a Visa for retireing there is not a good enough reason.  Got any ideas or thoughts?

Hello TomZan.

Why don't you start a new thread on the Edinburgh forum with your questions on Visa? Other members might be able to help you. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie