Public transportation in Ahmedabad

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Ahmedabad ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Ahmedabad?

Thanks in advance for participating!

I am based at Ahmedabad and would like to answer your questions.

1. What do you think about the means of transportation in Ahmedabad ? - Ahmedabad has a good network of buses called BRTS. This service covers all major routes.

2. Is the network of means of transportation well developed? - BRTS pretty much covers all the places you'll ever need to visit.

3. What modes of transport are available? - Apart from BRTS, another popular mode is "auto rickshaw" or simply called "rickshaw". It is little more expensive than buses, but rickshaw drivers are good guides too. They carry a fare-card, so always insist on checking it with fare-meter before paying. Recently radio taxi service has also started, but it is relatively expensive by Indian standards. They charge you around $15-20 for 8 hours or 80 km, whichever is earlier.

4. Do you use them? - Yes.

5. How much is a fare? - Rickshaw is little more expensive than buses, but rickshaw drivers are good guides too. They carry a fare-card, so always insist on checking it with fare-meter before paying.

6. Are they relatively safe? - All these modes are very safe.

thanks for your post vishalk !

I have visited at ahmedabad recently.I think ahmedabad has good facilities for transportation.Government is working with priority to enhance transportation facility in ahmedabad.Its really a nice.

Hi MarkBenson!

Thank you for your contribution.;)

Harmonie.:)

Rickshaw's are expensive only in comaprison of BRTS . If we compare the fares with some other parts of the world they are very very reasonable.

Rickshaw's usually charge Rupees(INR) 7.50 per KM that is about 15 US cents per KM.

Yes , they are all safe.

Thanks

Thank you for your input smartamitjain! :)

Aurélie