Public transportation in Tel Aviv

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Tel Aviv ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Tel Aviv?

Thanks in advance for participating!

There are lots options for getting around Tel Aviv.

Bicycle: Most popular way because it is flat and good weather.
Bus: Lots of buses, but they don't run in Shabbat.
Sherrut: Mini-buses that stop and start anywhere along the bus route, the same price as the buses, still run in Shabbat, but they don't accept bus passes.
On foot: Most places are only 15 minutes away.
Car: I get around by car because I have to go to other cities.
Taxi: I don't like going by taxi, but you can get accross town for about 30 NIS (6 euros) if there is not too much traffic.

Cheers,
Unitedstatesian

Hi Unitedstatesian!

Thanks a lot for your help ;)

Armand

Usually ppl use either buses or the sherut taxis. As unitedstatesian stated, buses don't work during week-end (meaning starting Friday late afternoon till Saturday evening), while you can catch a sherut taxi at any time (even 3 a.m). People living in Tel-Aviv won't use their car inside the city, and after 5-6 p.m if they accidently moved their car, they will not find free parking anymore (unless they pay for it). So most people get around either by bus or sherut taxi or regular taxi. Public transportation is ok. During rush hour you will have tons of people, which is not very comfortable during July / August since most it's so damn hot and humid.

Thanks for your input Sleeping Cookie :)

Armand

can anyone help and advise me pls. My son and I will be in Israel (Ashdod) on the 20th and 21s sept.,
We would like to find 2 one day tours of convenient price . Thnks ER from Malta

Well, nice question. Yes, I use them. The transportation is well-developed there. I give the guarantee, they are safe. I use mantis-tours service for my Tel Aviv travel and I really very happy for this. The excellent bus system service there and they stopped and picked you up/drop you off anywhere along the route. Prices mostly equal to or lower than bus fares. In the airport transportation's are very special transportation service's counters are located on the first floor of the east gallery in the Greeters' Hall.