Public transportation in Fukuoka

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Fukuoka ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Fukuoka?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Fare depends on distance, for all methods of transport I think (except for long distance travel with fixed points).

For the train, remember to calculate costs correctly if you are in a hurry, as your ticket won't let you exit if you didn't pay enough. If you didn't, don't worry though. Just ask the worker at the window for help.

The bus is nice, but it is asked that you are quiet and silence your phone (manner mode).

Most drivers are safe, I think because it is illegal to honk your horn (?). It's also illegal to ride bikes next to each other or have 2 people riding one bike though so haha.

Make sure you turn your bike light on if you are riding at night -- I've heard a few people being ticketed for not doing so.

You can buy a bus/train card at any of the stations, although the first time needs to be purchased at certain special places. Remember to bring a passport photo. If you buy 3 months at a time, you pay less than if you buy on a monthly basis.

Taxis are the same as in most countries in my experience, but maybe cleaner and quieter. Certain color taxis have different costs, but I don't have the costs off hand (they are run by different companies).

Hope this helps somewhat. Fukuoka is a great place for riding a bike btw.

I have used most forms of transporation in Japan (bike, car, taxi, bus, train, subway, shinkansen, night bus etc).

Thank you HkxColonCleanse! :)

Aurélie

Fukuoka has the best transportation
You can manage your time and every where is ‘near' you can get to anywhere within the shortest time
Bicycle/Bus/Train or private car ..
All available