Any romanians in Edinburgh?

Hi there, I am romanian and I moved to Edinburgh a few years ago, but I never seam to see any other romanians in this city ... if there's any?
have a fab week everyone

Hi Adriana84 and welcome to Expat.com!

How's life in Edinbergh?:)

Have you taken a look at this link > https://www.expat.com/en/nationalities/ … edinburgh/?

This may help,
Harmonie.

Salut Adriana....ce faci....şi eu sunt pe aici de câţiva ani...ive me a shit wud u get a change :)
Emi

That was meant to say shout not shit lol stupid predictive texting lol.

Hi emi_max!

As this is the anglophone could you please write in English?

Thanks and regards

Armand
PS: And correct your auto-correct :P

I'll do my best to please you mate and abstain from writing in romanian and stick to english only :)) I hope that makes you happy...if not...awww well!!! lol

so anyway....where are all the romanians??? come forward ...dont be shy!!! :))

not as many as I thought ( hoped) to be :-)

try outside the lidl stores you`ll find hundreds of them selling big issue`s or begging

Thank you v much for your reply, but I was actualy looking for romanians themselves to reply to my messages and not from locals who are trying to downgrade my country!

i`m not downgrading your country darling,just the minority who think it`s ok to come over here and beg from my countrymen, especially when their funding their big mansions from the lining of our pockets. if they are bringing a skill to scotland then hello and welcome.

which one is you in the pic by the way?

I'm sure your reply to my topic comes mainly after you have watched the documentary on 'Panorama' about the gypsy people begging in uk even though they live in big mansions as you say and they have alot of money. First of all please do not confuse romanians with gypsies and 2nd why do british people encourages street begging by giving them money to start with if they don't want beggers in their country?
This being said, I don't blame you entirely for your comments.... but, I'm sure you would be just as disturbed as me if someone would write innapropiate comments regarding your own country.
PS! It's me and my cousin in the picture and it's irrelevant which one is me since it has nothing to do with the topic we debate in here lol

Hey there!

It's true, I don't live in Edinburgh for the moment, but I'd like to move there IF I can find a job... Tell me, people, how hard is it to find a job as a Romanian there? Is there any chance at all to find a job when you don't have a blue card, yellow card or anything similar? I'm planning to start my own business, but till then I'm afraid I won't survive without a job!

Edinburgh University Students Association has got a Romanian Society.

The Rotary Club are heavily involved with all things Romanian. They might be worth looking up. Maybe check out their website. At east they can point you in the right direction.

I know it's a bit far, but maybe check out this site:  shettlestonold.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=30
The Romanian Orthodox Church is very active with Romanians in the Glasgow area. I am sure they would have a chapter in Edinburgh that they could put you in touch with.

One of the best ways would be on this site. If you go onto the Network page https://www.expat.com/en/nationalities/ … edinburgh/ there's a list of Romainans based in Edinburgh. I don't know if they are all still here, but you could maybe PM them and see?

*TEODORA - when i came to town 4 years ago, i spent like 3-4 weeks looking for a job. I gave away like 100 CV's (it was around the Fringe Festival). There a lot of young people/students in town, so you have to be lucky and consistent to find a spot. :)

buna aici alt roman sal la toata lumea

Hi zullu_clau,

Could you please write in English in this English speaking forum? Thank you.

Yes there are romanians in Edinburgh city, surprised you have never met any