Hope to meet new friends!

I'm just realizing the importance of socializing here as it could get very lonely being so far away from home...  So anyone got any pointers?  Shoot away!

We may be moving to Iceland from the states this fall.  Perhaps we can connect when and if we come there.  In the meantime, can you tell me more about this "Home Away from Home" group?  There are a lot of pages with that name and I am having difficulty finding the correct one.  Most of them seem to be dog boarding:D  Thanks

Thanks!

the summer is pretty dead in terms of group activities but things should be picking up soon.  There was a book group that kind of fizzled out because it's so hard to get enough copies of books in English, and a film club that hasn't been extremely active lately because it was sometimes hard to find people who were able/willing to host.

one of the admins of the group (initials AK) is very active in posting and organizing activities, so keep an eye out for that.

I also recommend signing yourself up for the multicultural center mailing list. They occasionally sound out mails with info on multicultural gatherings and activities. Their website is here: http://ahus.is/

for the bolder, if you sing, now is the time that the local choirs are recruiting again. I'm a member of a nice one near downtown if anyone's interested. We generally always need male voices and altos (sopranos can be negotiated too). PM me if you're interested. The group is mostly Icelanders but we occasionally have people who're around for a year or so, and everyone's welcoming of them too. We're signing Magnificat this fall and practice starts this week.

Hi there!
I am Spanish and been here since 5 years ago,with my Icelandic man.
If you are still looking to meet people,i would be pleased of meeting you for a coffee and knowing each other.
Send me a PM if you are interested.
Warm greetings from Hafnarfjordur!

Olga  ^_^

Hi again,Jessica!

If you have sometime left to meet between your studies and the rest of your life, you are very welcome to call me and maybe we can meet for a coffee or so .
My nameŽs Olga and my number is : 823 80 81
BTW, welcome to Iceland!

Olga  ^_^