Is 7,000AED per month enough in Dubai?

Thanks mrj! I have made enquiries and my prospective employer will be covering both travel and health insurance. So i have to pay for electric, water, internet, food and entertainment. Do you reckon 8,500 AED will be enough to cover that.

Hi guys,

How much does server support engineer get in Duabi
I have 1 yr exp in server support with
6 yrs exp in desktop and laptops HP.

Any Idea pls is higly appreciated.

Roshan

it depends upon your standard of living and how you want to spend your hard earned cash , mostly people here , expats from diffrent countries , share rooms by two's ,three's or four's and equally divide the rent , food or the dewa . i think if you are used to living way below your means and not live above your means you will just do perfectly fine with that salary

Is 11,000 AED per month enough in Dubai for a person with 2 (spouse and kid) family memebers?

One of Dubai's company has offered me 11,000 AED per month + Medical benefit + air ticket per year.

I have to manage accomodation and transport on my own.
Can anyone please guide me how much saving will be possible with this salary?

Also they have mentioned that the company is in free zone, what is the benefit of it?

Thanks in advance.
Amar

Hi everybody.....
I found this site really interesting and informative.......
I am a biotechnologist with 2.5 years of experience (from India).
I would like to knw what could be the salary provided to me in Dubai for a comfortable stay so that at the end of the day I can manage with some good savings and also plz let me know the scope of the subject here.......
Pls anyone ovr there get me a reply coz Im planning to relocate to Dubai soon............
Thank u........

Hi All,
Im a Kenyan wanting to live and work in dubai either as a marketer or journalist.
I've a diploma in PUBLIC RELATIONS,MARKETING AND ADVERTISING with certificates in JOURNALISM and GRAPHICS DESIGN with good writing, acting and media production skills. I have 4yrs experience in field marketing and 2yrs as a photo/videographer. Pls tell me how much monthly salary and benefits to bargain for as a marketer or journalist.
Thanks in advance!

Hi guys I badly need ur replies.
Thanks

Hi All,
Im a indian wanting to live and work in india either as a webdesigner
I've a diploma in  animation with certificates in webdesigning  with good skill in photoshop & html & css& illustrator & maya& flash and media production skills. I have 2yrs experience in as a photo/videographer. Pls tell me how much monthly salary and benefits to bargain for as a webdesigner
Thanks in advance!

In Dubai salary is rarely based on qualification or experience.  It is market driven.  If they can get a donkey to do a lion's work they would do it.  Less than AED 10K per month is a big challenge to run normal life for a single person.  You can imagine how much you would need for family.

Hi Ive been out a couple of times this year and 7000 you will survive but thats about all, accommodation is a killer in fact  60% of your income will go on just basic accommodation. food is reasonable transport cheap if you can find a place near the metro. SPW

Hi guys,

I am considering to move to Dubai for living. But I am not familiar with the cost of living.
So far I've read all these posts, but my main concern is what about working permit? Do I have to pay by myself or is it from the company? If its by myself, how much do I have to pay??

If you are going to work for a reputable company they will pay for your visa, initial and vacation flights. However if you want to leave early you will either have to pay costs or loss of salary. Depending on what job you are doing the salary does appear low!

The total package of 21500aed per month is good salary with 2 kids ages 9 and 11?
please let me know.

Hi guys,

Please share your opinions:
How is the living expenses over there? How much is good salary to live there?

It depends on your life style, no one can guess what lifestyle u adopt.
As a general view, u can stay in shared room or bed space for around 1000 dirhams per month and food for 20 dirhams a day. So including other expenses some 2000 to 2500 is the minimum required to live here alone. Now it's your choice whether u live this simple or wanna upgrade, u will pay accordingly

i am 2 year experienced web developer from india seeking a job in dubai, what salary i should ask my employer for this position

Hi, everyone!

I'm from the Philippines and I'm planning to work in Dubai, UAE. I'm an HR practioner, I have almost 4 years of work experience in Human Resource, Recruitment and Administration. I'm wondering how much can I ask for an employment opportunity with the same field or industry? I will greatly appreciate your replies. Thank you, in advance.

Hi All,

I'm from India, Bangalore, I have got a job in UAE, work location is IMPZ, Dubai..... Salary per month 4000 AED,NO Accommodation. The company has promised that they will increase the salary to 4500 AED after 3 months of probation. They are providing pick up n drop - to work... I'm single, I smoke 5 cig per day, I booz once or twice a month and very limited. I'm vegetarian... I can cook.. And  with all these aspects I want to know if I can save 1500 AED per month. Please let me know if this is beneficial or not... Further, if its not possible for me to save so much... also suggest is there a possibility that I would get better opportunity and pay after working for 1 year??

Hi, I have just moved to Manila, permanently and now semi retired.I was a General manager of one of the largest print houses there and we also provided digital  designs and employed 650 people in the print house.As my experience of 17 years  per experience , the Salary is at the median the higher side being 10000 and lower end at 55500 AED for a  web designer.Whether the 7000 all in package is enough if you are sensible, the accommodation comes at a high price in Dubai( One self contained room in apartment is around 3500aed) most people share depending on their grade they pay from 500aed for bed space shared by 6 to 8 to a room or  1500 sharing a room with one plus electric and water bills shared with other occupants if sharing.The food cost in Dubai breakfast lunch and dinner should cost 1200 to 1500 per month if you got to a local Philipino joint or Indian joint.If you cook at home your costs will be around 1000 aed per month.Hope this helps, Dubai is a place which is designed to extract money from everybody the temptations always get the better off you , if you have a job banks give you credit cards easily  and before you know it you are  way in over your head and   in trouble. What you have to remember is that you have gone there to earn money and save and support your family here in Philippines, my observation is that the expats especially from Philippines and India, get suckered in by easy credit and fancy smart phones and designer labels and end up in trouble. If you are mature and focused enough    you will be ok , if not even 20000 per month is not enough.Hope this in making your decision and wishing you well for your future.( Also note it is better to work for a printing press compared to an advertising agency who are very bad paymasters and delay salaries, just make sure you do your background check on the company and their reputation).
Kind Regards
Kishor Gohil

Hello Everyone,

I reside in Canada with Canadian passport and I have been offered 5964 AED monthly salary and 2700 Accomadation allowance by the company in Dubai. if i were to calculate the monthly salary i make in canada after taxes is a lot more than what they are offering. Plus I have wife and kid on the way..What you guys think I can negotiate salary with them?  if so how can i negotiate stating what exactly? even if I can bring home 9000k AED home it would be great.  :| please i need your help!! much appreciated

hi there you might be able to help,

I reside in Canada with Canadian passport and I have been offered 5964 AED monthly salary and 2700 Accomadation allowance by the company in Dubai. if i were to calculate the monthly salary i make in canada after taxes is a lot more than what they are offering. Plus I have wife and kid on the way..What you guys think I can negotiate salary with them?  if so how can i negotiate stating what exactly? even if I can bring home 9000k AED home it would be great.  :| please i need your help!! much appreciated

The simple answer to your question - No.  Even for a single person, we recommend not to come with anything less than AED 10K salary.  When you have a family, you require at least 15K.  I suggest you be happy in Canada where you have a better quality of life and social security.

Thank you! god bless u!

Fresher12 wrote:

Hi guys,

I am considering to move to Dubai for living. But I am not familiar with the cost of living.
So far I've read all these posts, but my main concern is what about working permit? Do I have to pay by myself or is it from the company? If its by myself, how much do I have to pay??

Be understood, The applicant of your work visa is not you, your employer is. Which means, once you did sign up with a job contract, it's the responsibility of your employer to apply for your visa. As per law, all the expenses should be met by the employer and charging it from employee is illegal. Besides, your employer can pay the charges only by using a user name and password provided by the ministry of labor. You don't have to worry about the expenses regarding your work visa, but you need to find a job in this country. Best of luck for that

Hi.I am Surya,

I got an offer 10000 AED in Dubai without Accommodation and Transport. Currently I am in INDIA with 9 Lacks/Annam Package with 7 Years Exp. working for MNC in Power Industry as Electrical Engineer
My question is...
Is it i got correctly paid as per my experience from UAE employer  with respect to 2015 Cost of living?.. and Can I negotiate salary to it or not?
What is cost of living for 3 member family as latest 2015 inflation at Dubai.

I appreciate in advance for your suggestions.

Hi.I am Surya,

I got an offer 10000 AED in Dubai without Accommodation and Transport. Currently I am in INDIA with 9 Lacks/Annam Package with 7 Years Exp. working for MNC in Power Industry as Electrical Engineer
My question is...
Is it i got correctly paid as per my experience from UAE employer  with respect to 2015 Cost of living?.. and Can I negotiate salary to it or not?
What is cost of living for 3 member family as latest 2015 inflation at Dubai.

I appreciate in advance for your suggestions

Please read previous posts and related posts.
Yes ask for more, because you will need more than 10K to maintain family.  All your experience or qualification or salary in India do not mean anything in the Middle East.  And vice versa. 
Per cost of living today, you will require to be close to 15K if with a small family.

Thanks Mr. Mjrv for your valuable suggestion..

Its my first time to work at Dubai. My background is IT. Is 7000AED per month is enough or too much to ask to the employer. Please give me advise.

Thank you.

heirkeyso wrote:

Its my first time to work at Dubai. My background is IT. Is 7000AED per month is enough or too much to ask to the employer. Please give me advise.

Thank you.

It's enough for a platform in this country. You can accept this offer.

Hi everyone...

Sobha Myden company in Dubai offered me 6000 AED basic salary, Company is providing my food + accommodation + laundry services + Transportation + and others benefits and perks. Is this salary is fair enough to survive in Dubai? How much I can save being an Indian. I am  a very simple guy (Alhamdulillah.. No dirty habits of alcohol & Girls). I am 26yrs old and unmarried. Kindly reply.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security
shariq07 wrote:

Hi everyone...

Sobha Myden company in Dubai offered me 6000 AED basic salary, Company is providing my food + accommodation + laundry services + Transportation + and others benefits and perks. Is this salary is fair enough to survive in Dubai? How much I can save being an Indian. I am  a very simple guy (Alhamdulillah.. No dirty habits of alcohol & Girls). I am 26yrs old and unmarried. Kindly reply.

Being single, it's an acceptable offer to start. Best of luck

Thanks a lot for your reply.. Jazak Allah..  :)