Employment Pass Rejected

Hi Vic,

Neither your salary nor your education can be the problem, since you are above the highest threshold of S$8000/month.
So the problem must lie with your company, or your job.
Your company must fulfil certain criteria to be allowed to employ foreigners (e.g. there are quotas and other considerations). Ask ACRA or MoM if these are fulfilled in your case.
Your job must be impossible to fill with locals. Prove that to MoM (e.g. by showing them the poor results of the online ad you mentioned above).
Or, to avoid any rejection based on your company, apply for a PEP instead. That requires a previous salary (i.e. what you earn currently abroad) of above S$8000/month.
Of course there are other possible reasons for rejection, e.g. if you are an ex-Singapore-citizen, left Singapore on bad standingin the past, or have a criminal conviction (anywhere in the world). Or your applications contained wrong or contradicting information.
In any case, MoM's decision is final and there is nothing you can do if you exhausted the possibilities to appeal and re-apply.
Hope this helps.

Beppi

Hi, Beppi,

I have some doubts which need your help to provide me an option or any other solution. I'm currently get employed in an audit firm and obtained my EP just one month ago.

However, after i joined my firm i get offered by another company which offered me much more higher than my current firm.

I'm thinking to switch to the company which offered me higher pay but my doubt was the chance for me to getting an EP again for the new job.

Just want to ask if the circumstances was I terminate my current EP ( which just obtained one month ) and apply EP for another, would there be any fine?

Besides, is this case high likely I will get EP again?

There's no way to predict the outcome of an EP application without knowing all details.
In any case, there is no guarantee you will be approved. Changing jobs in Singapore is always a gamble in this respect. But MoM dislikes job-hoppers, so it counts in your disfavor if you do it too frequently or after too short time.

Hi Beppi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm now accepted the new job offer and serving my two weeks notice in current firm.

I knew that I need to terminate my employment pass within 7 days of my last employment. However, may I know when can I apply for new employment pass or s pass ya?

Or is that possible while i serving two weeks notice I can terminate my EP and go apply for the new one?

If possible kindly advise on any other processes or option available.

Thanks you very much Beppi! =)

Regards
JTMAL

Hi -wil-wil-,

According to MoM rules, the salary must be in line with the applicant's education and experience. S$2500/month is a typical salary for a fresh university graduate (B.Sc.). With a M.Sc. and 3.5 years of work experience, you should be much higher. That is why your EP is rejected!
Applying again without mentioning your M.Sc. will of course not help, because they already have it in their database (you will just be rejected even faster for giving false information).
Also, re-applying with a higher salary will not work, as MoM then suspects an (illegal) "kickback" scheme, where the company pays a higher salary just to fulfil the EP requirements and you return a part of it to them immediately.
I am afraid your only option will be to look for another employer who gives you a fairer pay.
Good luck!

beppi wrote:

Hi -wil-wil-,

According to MoM rules, the salary must be in line with the applicant's education and experience. S$2500/month is a typical salary for a fresh university graduate (B.Sc.). With a M.Sc. and 3.5 years of work experience, you should be much higher. That is why your EP is rejected!
Applying again without mentioning your M.Sc. will of course not help, because they already have it in their database (you will just be rejected even faster for giving false information).
Also, re-applying with a higher salary will not work, as MoM then suspects an (illegal) "kickback" scheme, where the company pays a higher salary just to fulfil the EP requirements and you return a part of it to them immediately.
I am afraid your only option will be to look for another employer who gives you a fairer pay.
Good luck!

thanks you for your information,
but I'm not applying for e pass, I'm applying spass.. so, am I eligible for the qualification of spass?

The same is true for S-Pass, which is in fact a kind of Employment Pass (EP).

beppi wrote:

The same is true for S-Pass, which is in fact a kind of Employment Pass (EP).

So, how much should I earn to be in line with my qualification?

Thank you.

hi! one of my agencies applied EP for me, they changed my work experience in order to increase the possibility of approval. however, i'm still rejected by MOM. my other agency wants to apply SP using my real working experience. would MOM can detect the inaccuracy? what must i do? please give me some advise. thank you

Your agency can go for appeal, and try to see with MOM why it was rejected. This is as per my knowledge.

if theres a conflict with the deatails of being sent to MOM, will MOM can trace that? because on my first application my agency manipulated my work experience.. then i looked for other agency, who wants to use my real work experience

NICOLE28 wrote:

hi! one of my agencies applied EP for me, they changed my work experience in order to increase the possibility of approval. however, i'm still rejected by MOM. my other agency wants to apply SP using my real working experience. would MOM can detect the inaccuracy? what must i do? please give me some advise. thank you

NICOLE28 wrote:

if theres a conflict with the deatails of being sent to MOM, will MOM can trace that? because on my first application my agency manipulated my work experience.. then i looked for other agency, who wants to use my real work experience

Yes, they can and they will spot this!
They have very comprehensive databases and will see all your previous data at a click of the mouse. They also often check accuracy with previous employers, schools or authorities.
You should never have agreed on the company putting false information into your application. It does NOT pay to mess with Singapore authorities!
In case the company did this without your consent, keep clear evidence and send it to MoM - that is your only chance of clearing the matter.

Hi,

One of the Employer applied for EP. I am checking the status through EP Online but error shows No record found with some code E0000236. What is this code ? and Can I check the status regularly ?

Thanks
Prasad

This means that either the MoM system is malfunctioning, or your employer did not apply for the EP.
You can check as many times as you want, but calling MoM to ask is maybe better.

@ Beppi,

Thanks FYI,

This is first time application. And I heard from couple of friends saying that First time application can only be seen by employer or agent.

Is it true ? At present my application status is checking by one of my friend from singapore.

No, not true.

Hi Beppi,

One of my friend got job in sg and applied for S-pass through online. I checked the status but it shows the status is Employment Pass rather than S-pass ? He checked with company HR, HR saying applied for S-pass only(they checked again) and not to worry.

Can u pls advise me why the status shows in EP ?

S-Pass and EP applications use the same online system. On the form, you can mark whether you apply for one or the other, or both.
If you want, you can call MoM and ask if there's possibly a misunderstanding, but I think you should follow your HR's advise and not worry.

Hello everyone,

Would appreciate your comments/advices on my case below:

My s pass got rejected the first time due to insufficient quota of local employee. Now my employer advised that they rectified the issue by employing 2 part time employees which is equivalent to 1 local. They filed a new s pass application for me assuring me that MOMS has no more reasons to reject the application.

I recently received news from my employer that the application has been refused on the basis of insufficient quota which was the same issue as on the first application.

My employer said that they will file and appeal arguing that they have achieved the required quota and that the s pass application must now be approved.

Can I have your comment on chances of success of appeal and any other thoughts?

Quota issues are solely between your employer and MoM - you have no control or say over whether they will fulfil MoM's requirements (which are non-negotiable).
If this employer operates so near the quota limit, you will probably face the same issue again at every pass renewal (i.e. once a year) and might well lose your job because of this later. If you can, look for a more reasonable employer!

Thanks for the response.  Just another info, my employer mentioned earlier that the company has 3 locals; for them to be able to hire a foreigner they need 4 locals/singaporeans. So currently they already have 4 locals, one of which comprising two new local tempo.

My employer also mentioned that to be taken into consideration, the new hires need to be employed for at least 3 full months. If they were hired only these february then their 3 full months of employment would be by May 2013. Given this, is it still possible for my employer to apply anew my s pass, say, by June, and would it be approved considering the quota is deemed sufficient and length of employment fulfilled? Does MOMS allow another application for the same s pass applicant?

Would appreciate another advice from you on this.  I am on the edge of almost losing hope but since I have waited this far I told myself to wait for another feedback from my employer. On the other hand I also consider to look into the advices i receive from members of forums like this so I can have other option to consider if I already need to let go and find another direction.

It is entirely up to MoM's discretion whether to issue a pass or not. They probably think that the new locals were only hired for quota purposes, you yourself call them "tempo" - and temporary employees do not count towards the quota. The company needs to convince MoM that these are valid, long-term employees and will not be fired again after a few months, only then will you get a pass.

Thanks so much for the inputs.  I will try to discuss the same with my employer and maybe this can help in their appeal.

Hi to all.

sorry,my post here might not be answering ur question.

I just got my s-pass rejected and hope my company appeal to MOM once again.. I am so stressed out.
I am wondering here my s-pass rejection record can affect my future s-pass application under different company in the future?

I am thinking to apply new company in sg and try to get s-pass once again but worried not to get it due to the fact that i got rejected once.. is there anybody give advice on this?

Hope you guys can give me some answers on this!
Thanks!

This depends on the reason for rejection.
If the reason is due to the company (e.g. missing foreigner quota, past misconduct, etc.), you have a chance if applying with another company.
If the reason is your background (lack of education, work experience, etc.) or that there are sufficient locals who can do the job (and must be hired first), you don't have a chance unless you have a major change in particulars.

hi,My s pass rejected due to some errors.Application filled with some wrong details.Asked to withdraw the appeal also.Because no point to think about it.It says seven days take for withdrawal.Now 6 days gone.still waiting.I cant apply for new jobs also.I got two job offers also.But first im waiting for this.please advise me.thanks alot in advance.

Hi
i already graduated from NUS and i holding tution grant 3 years bond with singapore government.last 3 months ago,i resigned my past job .The reason is my grandmother have serious health condition so i need to go back my country .Unfortunately ,my grandmother is pass away.I came back singapore and find another job.I got the job last month and i applied the EP.Unfortunately i got rejected and now my company proceed to appeal.My company is so small company .They have one local person and four European person.I am worry about this matter .My HR  haven't told me what is the reason of EP rejection and how to appeal it.My appeal status will be good or not i amnot sure and how to think so  .Please comment and give me advise.Do i need to find another job ? How do you think my appeal application status? what is the possible my application reason?
Cheers
Moon

eimyat wrote:

Hi
i already graduated from NUS and i holding tution grant 3 years bond with singapore government.last 3 months ago,i resigned my past job .The reason is my grandmother have serious health condition so i need to go back my country .Unfortunately ,my grandmother is pass away.I came back singapore and find another job.I got the job last month and i applied the EP.Unfortunately i got rejected and now my company proceed to appeal.My company is so small company .They have one local person and four European person.I am worry about this matter .My HR  haven't told me what is the reason of EP rejection and how to appeal it.My appeal status will be good or not i amnot sure and how to think so  .Please comment and give me advise.Do i need to find another job ? How do you think my appeal application status? what is the possible my application reason?
Cheers
Moon

My condolescenses for the loss of your grandmother!
Foreign companies are supposed to generate local employment. If yours employs many more foreigners than locals, it needs to give a very good reason for wanting to hire yet another one. One possible reason could be that there are no suitably qualified locals to do your job, but I can't tell from your message whether that is the case here - and the company can prove it (e.g. by having searched for one without success).
One, potentially positive, side aspect of the rejection is that MoM made it basically impossible for you to serve your bond and thus you can get it lifted.

Dear beppi,
Thanks for your reply.I asked my company boss "Do you want to appeal my application "when my application rejected.He told me "depend on MOM officer response".The next day ,he sent email to me ,he already asked MOM Officer and he proceed to appeal with document such as my NUS certificate ,Tution Grant Doc and company related documents.I think so MOM reason should be  relevant the company what u mention about.If my fault ,they would be tell me because my pass category type changed Spass before my employment pass got rejected and they blamed me why your qualification down grade to spass blah blah ........ I would like to know if i will find another company,can i ok my employment pass base on my education background and salary 3000?
Many Thanks
Moon

What did the company apply for you, S-Pass or EP?
There are local-to-foreigner quotas that a company has to fulfil to be able to employ somebody on S-Pass. From what you wrote it looks sure that this company does not fulfill the quota requirement and will not get S-Passes approved.
EP needs no quota, but S$3000 is the absolute minimum salaray for an EP and can only be approved as starting salaray for a new graduate with no working experience.

my company applied Ep or Spass..But now Rejection for Employment ....

Hi Every1.

Please help me to understand my situation. I got an offer from reputed semicon industry but my EP and its successive appeal got rejected. I am from NTU and a fresh grad. I am getting 3.5K for this job. Should I apply for S pass ?

Also a point to add, when I was doing this course (2011-13) there was no Singaporean taking this particular course.

Thanks in advance

S$3.5k is a very good salary for a fresh graduate, it would be a pity if you don't get the job!
To get an EP, the company must fulfill certain criteria, which I assume your employer does. You, having studied in Singapore, also fulfill the educational criteria. So the only thing left is that your company couldn't convince MoM that they cannot find a suitably skilled local and thus has to hire a foreigner. This is always tricky for a fresh graduate without any special skills. Maybe the company can emphasize this point more in the appeal, e.g. By showing a long and fruitless search until you came along, or similar? Certainly there must be some reason why they offer you such a good salary!

Thanks Beppi,

It is a great encouragement. As MoM is not giving any explanation my company is also surprised for rejection. They have asked me to find some strong reason to fight against it but I don't see any suitable reason. I am from Nepal. Do my nationality have anything to do with it as I heard that it is very hard for Nepali ppl to get EP in Singapore (not 100% sure).

Also, if I ask them to apply for S pass will MoM reconsider the situation ??

I have just completed my study in MSc Integrated Circuit Design and waiting for final result.

Also to add my manager told me that he interviewed a lot and found suitable candidate after 3 year long time (many got recruited in between though) in digital design field. Also he told me that my knowledge matched perfectly with requirements.

Thanks,
Hari

hi may i know what is your ep appeal 's rejected reason.

hi,My EP also rejected.Iam very much worried,I dont know what to do,Normally how long it will take for appeal.thnks guys

Appeal will be take 3 weeks processing .. i also applied appeal...

MoM didn't mention any reason :(

Same to you ...

hi,me too going to appeal.Nw ur one how many days?Did u apply trough recruitment agency or direct by employer.Yesterday my one rejected.iam so worried.Iam in visit pass.I have only 1 month to stay here.thanks