Employment Pass Rejected

ACRA (sorry, I mistyped ACCRA above) is the government's business registrar. See www.acra.gov.sg

My company applied for EP and it got rejcted and again they file petiton which was also rejected.Can you tell me after how many months again i can apply.I got EP last year but don't know why they rejected my EP this year.Can anyone tell me when again i can apply for EP.

You can apply again when your circumstances have changed enough to make MoM change its decision.
Re-applying with the same data (employer, job, salary, education) will give you the same result - rejection.

(The salary thresholds for EP have gone up since last year, so with the same or similar salary, you don't qualify any more. In addition, they are now stricter in checking educational criteria - i.e. many Indian schools don't qualify any more.)

Many reasons can cause the rejection. Some of them:
1. Current Job scope totally different from your qualification
2. Company Not Good (Not Hiring Local hence not contributing to Singapore)
3. Your JOB can be easily replaced by Singaporean.

Singapore is trying to control the number of permit giving recently. They have been very strict.

Hi Beppi, I got a bad news today that my appeal was also rejected again even though we had given enough reasons to hire a foreigner. I dont know what to do now..maybe stop pursuing it now?
Is there any other way to do it now? I guess they really dont want foreigners anymore...never felt so unwanted lol..
please advise if anyone has an idea...thanks

Your posts are a bit unclear about your kind of job and company, so I can only assume:
- You are replacing a Singaporean - so a local was able to do the job before, and probably could do so again.
- Your company has no other employees in Singapore and you haven't submitted a business plan that shows you will employ locals in the future.
- You don't have a university degree, only a diploma (which means a technician certificate in English - if you actually have a university degree which is called "diplom" or similar in your language, you should have pointed out that it is not a diploma, but a B.Sc. or M.Sc.).
- Your salary is below S$8000/month and thus you cannot get an EP without university degree. (In addition, your salary might altogether be below what MoM finds appropriate for your level.)
Care to explain in more detail?

One more thing you could try:
If you currently earn above S$8000/month (which director level in Brussels certainly do, if you convert the € income), you can apply for a PEP (Personal Employment Pass). This is valid for 5 years, allows you to work for any employer in Singapore that pays you above S$34000/year.

Hello Everyone,
I would need some information on possible reasons for my Visa Rejection.
I hold a Singapore Dependent Pass, but I currently reside in India. I applied for an EP through my company on 30th May but my application got rejected. The only reason mentioned by MOM was - "This candidate does not qualify for a Work Pass", any possible reasons for this kind of response?
A brief on my profile which was submitted:
1. Salary - 4285
2. Profile - Software Test Analyst
3. Qualification - MBA from a reputed Indian university
4. Total Experience - 7 years
5. Company - A leading Indian software Company.

Please throw some light on possible workarounds as My spouse is working in Singapore and really need to be there.
Thanks in Anticipation

hi Beppi,
thank you for the insights.. yes I am replacing a local singaporean and thus you can assume that another singaporean can do this job, I am a Diploma holder in engineering with around 5 years in the same company..
my salary comes to around 8500SGD on conversion and the company was arranging accommodation for me in singapore a 1 bedroom condo...
thus my conditions were good...how should we proceed now? or should we stop pursuing it till we hire a local person to man the office in singapore? your suggestions are much appreciated..
thanks for your time

manasimehrotra: You can work on a DP with a LOC (Letter Of Consent), which has no salary and education conditions attached (and you'd not count towards the foreigner quota of the employer).

vic darichiyan: If your basic salary (without bonuses and allowances) is currently above S$8000, apply for a PEP on your own merit (i.e. without formal involvement of the company). Once you have that, you can work for any Singapore employer (also your current employer's Singapore office) even at lower salary.

Hi Beppi,yes my basic comes to 8000SGD excluding other expense,  thanks en you have been of great help..I guess I will try for PEP after couple of months but still worried about the educational qualifications..do u seriously think there is a chance for a Diploma holder? appreciate your reply..

PEP and EP P1 don't require a university degree (although MoM can reject for whatever reason they like) and you have the salary level. Thus I thought the reason for your rejection is probably the employer (not allowed to hire foreigner, or having a full foreigner quota). You can test this by applying for PEP, which is independent of employer.

You can also try the self-assessment tool at http://sat.mom.gov.sg/satservlet

Hi guys,

Do you have any idea on Training Employment Pass (TEP). I have been working in Singapore with EP for two years. My company is going to apply for TEP for me this year instead of EP. It does not make sense to me.

Do you have any idea.

Thanks

It does seem odd that they would apply for a TEP after you've been working on EP for 2 years. As its name suggest, TEP is reserved for employees undergoing training (interns e.g). Are they planning to move you to a different job scope, hence the need for training?

Otherwise, I don't think it makes sense as well, as the company would have to justify what sort of training you are undertaking.

Hi Ruddy,

No my position is same. My company is Nanyang Technological University. They said since nowadays, getting EP is more difficult, it is better to apply for TEP instead of EP. I've heard MOM is giving this pass only for 6months. Do you know anything more or anyone who has this pass please?

Thanks,

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ … fault.aspx

link to the MOM's TEP info page. We had an intern in my company on this pass a couple of years ago, was for roughly 3-4 months.

@Beppi - Yes I am aware of that but to work on DP I will have to look for a new job as my current employer does not permit me to work with them on a DP. This is against our company policy.
Please advise if there is a workaround.

There is no reason for an employer not to take on somebody on DP, other than the (small) risk of losing the employee if his/her spouse (or whoever he/she depends on) loses the visa and has to leave Singapore.
But there is no workaround for stupid corporate rules, other than changing to another company. Sorry!

Jefff: It is strange your company changing your EP to TEP especially after 2 years of EP. I feel the chance to get rejected is very high as you are formerly an EP holder. Nanyang is a big institution, which I feel shouldn't be an issue to get you EP provided you are qualify.

vic darichiyan: Getting EP nowadays become harder. To be honest pay doesn't really take much concern for MOM to decide, as I got my friend been EP for 4 years with pay more than 10k and a Director. However the renewal was rejected, appealed 3 times and rejected too. On another hand I got friend having EP under SGD2500 and the recent renewal got no issue. Strange to me too...  as the salary is not qualify actually. Does the company that hiring you has many local there?

hi this is Mohamed Rizwan from India, I was finished my Engineering on 2008, I was applied singapore S pass through an agent later 3 months, it was rejected due to insufficient quota(I don't know real r not), now I try to apply with my relatives , he is an PR, now he ask me the rejected reason letter, but agency won't give it to me, is it really need...? If possible alternatively how can I get that,

The letter is not needed, all your details are in their database and can be easily retrieved.
You relative cannot apply for a visa that allows work for you, only an employer can. Even a dependents pass is only possible for direct line relatives (kids and parents), so if this relative isn't one of these either, he cannot help at all.

Also: Since only an employer can apply for an S-Pass, not an agent, the prospective employer at that time would have received the rejection, not the agent.
The reason was almost certainly not a quota problem, but your lack of experience: Fresh graduates do not normally get a visa.

my relatives can apply S pass through an employer, that rejected letter must need...? Or not..... Seriesly I don't know about that...... May I apply second time through another employer with out that rejected reason letter......

As I said before, the Singapore authorities have every information about you easily available from their database.
And your relative cannot apply for an S-Pass for you unless they have their own, Singapore-registered company and are going to employ you and pay the salary mentioned in the S-Pass application. (It is NOT a good idea to cheat here!)

am not cheat.... help me if Any other employer can apply S or E pass without knowledge of last rejected pass? Is there any possible way to reappeal......  help me the possible way to apply Pass..............

is there any other possible way to get that rejected reason letter.....?

You seem not to be the most intelligent member of our species. Does it help if I write it for a third time?

Previous rejection letters are not needed for a new application, because the deciding authority already has all that information in the database!

The letter anyway never gives the reason for rejection (it's in the database, of course, but you will never know it).
And do you want to apply (as in your first post) or appeal against a rejection (as you write later on)? In both cases, only the employer can do it, not you yourself or any relative.

hi benson hows it going?hope you will enjoy the summer holidays soon :-)
we are hiring a singaporean secretary soon and hope this will be useful for my application..we are out of options even though my employer knows that I am best suited to run the business here...joke was that when we made an online advertisement for the post there were hardly any Singaporean nationals that applied for the job...lets see how it goes..
when can we reapply again for the pass? Its been just over a month that my pass was rejected..

Hai My TEP(Training Employment Pass)pass is going to expire next month but I have few more work left. My employer (NTU) is planning to cancel and reapply as it is not possible to extend TEP. Will MOM approve this?

Hi.
How to make an appointment to meet the officer?
Because they also don't have special counter to meet the officer and online appointment is not handle about permit?

beppi wrote:

At MoM, appeals are handled by the same officer who rejected the original application. Thus an appeal is only worth your time if you have additional material or information (and a good reason why it wasn't included initially - otherwise it might be counted against you).
In many cases, officers are willing to reveal the reasons for rejection in a personal talk, so go there (preferably with an HR representative) and meet the officer before you appeal!

Punchkin: I have never heard of a rule saying that MoM has to give a reason for rejecting an appeal. Is it new, or wrong information?

ekadarma2512 wrote:

Let your prospective employer call and ask.
Or just go there with an HR person and be persistent.

Hi Beppi,

Thanks.
I have case here. My s pass rejected and appeal also rejected. is there any other way to get my s pass?
I hold bachelor degree and my university recognize at MOM. I also have relevant 4 to 5 years in the same field that I apply. The HR said company still have quota. The company also offer SGD2500++ so it supposed to be no problem. I don't understand the reason of rejection.

So if appeal also rejected is it any chance to apply the appeal again? heard that for the 3rd time we should to do an aptitude test?   

beppi wrote:
ekadarma2512 wrote:

Let your prospective employer call and ask.
Or just go there with an HR person and be persistent.

MoM's decision is final. There is no point appealing without any change in circumstances - just saying "please look at it again" does not work!
They either don't like you, or your company. In a personal meeting with the officer, they sometimes tell the reason for rejection. Then you can decide whether you can change something about it. E.g. if the reason is the company, you can look for another job and re-apply.

Understand about that, how about if I apply again through employment agencies? Saw on MOM website some agencies helping in issued s pass. May be the agencies have more experience about this or have a good relation with MOM. Does any one ever try this?

beppi wrote:

MoM's decision is final. There is no point appealing without any change in circumstances - just saying "please look at it again" does not work!
They either don't like you, or your company. In a personal meeting with the officer, they sometimes tell the reason for rejection. Then you can decide whether you can change something about it. E.g. if the reason is the company, you can look for another job and re-apply.

@ekadarma: hi eka, i have the same experience about the rejection of spass here. May i ask you some question for reference only:
1. The relevant experience that u have (4-5 years), was it in sg? How long have u been in sg? And the university that u took, was it in sg or other country?
2. was the employer apply for you spass only or (spass or epass application)?
3. How long did you wait the outcome  of 1st application and appeal application?
4. What is your next stepnnow? Will you ask employer to re-appeal again? Or your employer initiatively would like to do re-appeal for you?
5. As i read info above, MOM will give the reason of rejection for appeal. Did u ask for that to ur employer?
6. May i know the field of your work scope? This is to know if you are taking the sgporean favourite jobscope/ mom think sgporean can do it w/o foreigner.

For your info, i also have the same exp here. My employer applied e/spassmfor me and it was rejected only 1 day after the pass was applied ( pretty fast huh)  I have been staying in sg for 5 yrs with 1 year + of relevant experience in sg (with ep holder previously). The salary is above current standard spass category. I also have no idea why it was rejected. But hopefully will get goodnews soon.. Crossed finger XD

Hello guys,

I'm a Indian national currently on EP ( Q1) with a base salary of 2500 with a master's degree from MOM recognised Uni in the UK and 6 years of work exp currently working in sales with a subsidiary of a Multinational bank with earnings over 40,000 SGD for the last year. Quite recently my EP was not renewed, reason stated being that I don't meet the criteria ( I'm guessing a low base salary)It has been 10 working days since my rejection my company is in the process of appealing the decision with strong reasons stating my performance/earnings etc. Self evaluation calculator on the MOM website only approves my EP for 3500 - 4000. I have two questions

1) What are the chances for the the approval of the appeal ? ( My company says that they wil apply for a Spass if this is not succesful)

2) My visa expires on the 23rd september considering the appeal process takes place 4 weeks or more will I get an automatic extension if it exceeds my visa time?

Your responses would be much appreciated.Thanks in advance

Hi Sachinarn007,

Just would like to share my opinion :

1. The chances of approval of EP is based on MOM decision in the view of how your company appealed it (they look out the reason, or any chances of increment for salary to adjust to meet new criteria of EP Holder).

2. Your visa will not be automatically extend unless your current renew application is approved before the expiry date of your EP.

Btw, may I ask you something, as you stated below that the company has appealed the application for 10 days, can you be able to check the status of appeal through EP Online (in MOM Website) currently?

Since based on the information provided in MOM Website, we may enquire the status of appeal 7 working days after the appeal is submitted via iSubmit. (I suggest that we can see the status in EP Online will appear as "APPEALED" instead of "REJECTED", but I am not sure if it will appear as such.). Appreciate your info.

Thank you for your information.

Cheers,

Elnata

sachinarn007 wrote:

Hello guys,

I'm a Indian national currently on EP ( Q1) with a base salary of 2500 with a master's degree from MOM recognised Uni in the UK and 6 years of work exp currently working in sales with a subsidiary of a Multinational bank with earnings over 40,000 SGD for the last year. Quite recently my EP was not renewed, reason stated being that I don't meet the criteria ( I'm guessing a low base salary)It has been 10 working days since my rejection my company is in the process of appealing the decision with strong reasons stating my performance/earnings etc. Self evaluation calculator on the MOM website only approves my EP for 3500 - 4000. I have two questions

1) What are the chances for the the approval of the appeal ? ( My company says that they wil apply for a Spass if this is not succesful)

2) My visa expires on the 23rd september considering the appeal process takes place 4 weeks or more will I get an automatic extension if it exceeds my visa time?

Your responses would be much appreciated.Thanks in advance

Hi Sachinarn,

The minimum salary for an EP is S$3000/month for a fresh graduate. People with higher degrees and/or work experience need to earn more to qualify. Apparently, it's S$3500/month in your case.
If your company, on the EP application form, ticked the box "consider for S-Pass if EP is rejected", an S-Pass would be granted automatically if you qualify. If that box was not ticked, no appeal or new application for S-Pass is possible. Employers often don't want to tick that box, because S-Pass holders cost extra levies and take up quota spaces. In addition, S$2500 is so low for a M.Sc. with experience that you might not even qualify for an S-Pass.
Most likely, you have two choices: Either convince your employer to pay S$3500 base salary (or find another one that does), or book a (one-way) flight home for September.
It's hard, I know, but life is not fair. Sorry!

(Regarding your question abour EP application process taking longer than old EP validity: You will be given an SVP to continue staying - but not working! - in Singapore, usually for 2 weeks, but exceptions are possible.)

hi beppi hw have u been? I am back after a few months after rejection of EP. Now we have  a local secretary working for us and my salary has also been improved to 9200sgd BASIC...
when do you think I can reapply for an EP...its been round 3 months since rejection...thanks for your time...