Assistance with accommodation

I am an African-American and in 2 weeks will be working as a professor at King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah.  I will appreciate assistance/information about inexpensive accommodation near the university.

Hi and welcome on board peteai2004!

Maybe you could try posting an advert in the accommodation section of Jeddah classifieds.
It might be helpful ;)

Regards
Armand

Thanks for your advise Armand.

hi peteai2004

welcome in jeddah.

if you are alone you may rent a small furnished apartment around 500 USD / monthly living room+bedroom+kitchen and bathroom. there are alot around the university. ask about accomdation in the university . to save transportation fees.

hope this help.

regards

Thanks Jeddahboy.

Hello, I will also be teaching at KAU and looking for a place to live. I will be living alone until next year. Just wondering if I can get a two bedroom two bath accommodation within 25K? Thanks,

jeddahboy wrote:

hi peteai2004

welcome in jeddah.

if you are alone you may rent a small furnished apartment around 500 USD / monthly living room+bedroom+kitchen and bathroom. there are alot around the university. ask about accomdation in the university . to save transportation fees.

hope this help.

regards

hi I ll be arriving with in a week, I was wondering if you can give me a number of an agent etc? Ill be working for KAU as well.. I would really appreciate this..

Hi All and welcome to Jeddah (the pride of the Red Sea)

Jeddah is very nice city. I am sure you will have good time here.
I will be pleased to help and assist you to find the ideal accommodation for you and your family.
To find the ideal solution please find and answer below questions:
What is your annual budget?
Are you willing to live in compound (Villa or apartment)?
Furnished or unfurnished?
How many rooms you may need?
Is your family coming with you?
What facilities you may need? (Recreation Center, Swimming pool, cafe, tennis court, cable, internet)?
Is the military guard important?
Is your company going to pay for the housing or you will pay from your pocket?
What do you prefer? living with American-European culture or mixed with Mideastern culture?
Do you like calm and quit life?
Are you looking for school for your children?

If you have any question please do not hesitate to contact me @ [email protected] or Mobile: 0550717733

Regards,

OK wow You wont believe how much I appreciate your answer.

I will be working for KAU as an Instructor. Hopefully we will be two people.  I will be receiving 17k but it may take a few weeks.

I do hope to find 2 rooms a kitchen and a bathroom.  I want to live close to the university.  I want the apartment unfurnished. I dont think I can afford a compound.  I  dont have children.  Anywhere is fine.  Military guard? no. I do hope to get internet and cable.  I do hope the apartment is clean.

The university said they will give me the money after few weeks. WIll this be a problem? I will be arriving on the 1st of September.

Sir,

I would like to refer to 2 points:
1- Having a car is very important in Jeddah. The distance is far from the university and other places around.
2- The nearest (neat) districts to the university are Al Fayhaa and Al Naseem Dist.
2 bedroom apartment annual rent cost Sr. 21000+. 2 installments per year regularly. Due to the first payment matter I will try to negotiate with the land lord to give you some time to pay.
The area contained lot of restaurants and 2 huge malls.
There are many Turkish and Syrian people living there. You can find some Turkish restaurants (3 stars).
The nearest compound cost 65K for 2 bedroom apartment. If you are willing to stay with a friend that would make it more cost effective for you.
I hope this info is good for you for the time being.I am going to look for an apartment for you. I will be back to you within 2 days.

Regards,

thank you very much.. when I come to Jeddah I will contact you. This has been so helpful.

Best Regards.

Dont ask the landlord anything..I am looking around. I dont want to promise you.. Thank you very much for your help Mr. Aiham.

Al Naseem is a popular area for expat teachers and is extremely close to KAU and plenty of restaurants/shopping centers.  When you get to Jeddah, ask the established teachers for recommendations on where to live.

Good luck!

Aiham wrote:

Sir,

I would like to refer to 2 points:
1- Having a car is very important in Jeddah. The distance is far from the university and other places around.
2- The nearest (neat) districts to the university are Al Fayhaa and Al Naseem Dist.
2 bedroom apartment annual rent cost Sr. 21000+. 2 installments per year regularly. Due to the first payment matter I will try to negotiate with the land lord to give you some time to pay.
The area contained lot of restaurants and 2 huge malls.
There are many Turkish and Syrian people living there. You can find some Turkish restaurants (3 stars).
The nearest compound cost 65K for 2 bedroom apartment. If you are willing to stay with a friend that would make it more cost effective for you.
I hope this info is good for you for the time being.I am going to look for an apartment for you. I will be back to you within 2 days.

Regards,

I will contact you once I arrive. I want the house unfurnished. You did not mention how much meter square or the area is.

Usually the house is unfurnished and with undefined meter square area like other countries. but by inaccurate estimate it will be about 70 m square

Dear Friends
HI from Toronto-Me and my family will be coming soon to Jeddah.I will work at KAU ELI.Do you know if there are good schools for my 6 year old neary or in Al Naseem.Also I have a two year old-I have heard there is daycare on board
Please advice - it will be so helpful