How many Indians are working there?

Hi, I have a job offer for Nairobi.Could anyone tell me about internal political situation in Nairobi.How Local people behave with Indians? How many Indians are working there? I am feeling unsecure because I have seen the condition of UK & Australia.

Hello jschuphal!

A new discussion has been created on Nairobi forum for better visibility.

I hope that other members will advise you soon.

Harmonie.

Hi,  There is a large Indian community in Nairobi, living and working comfortably there, especially in the Westlands/Parklands areas.

Best still you may contact your embassy.

hello dude, before coming to kenya i was so confused and scared, african country and heard many bad things about this place... but when i arrived here from the day 1 i had good good experience. i like this place and i am here from 6 months, and wanan stay her efor long long time... this place is awesome, cool nice climate, nice people, good security and safe too.. do not worry my friend. there are many many indians in nairobi. i am fron hyderabad india. welcome soon.. reply me if you are in kenya or cal me ***

Hi suribhai,

wer r u nw......Kenya ya Hyd...

i need some info abt Nairobi

if ur n HYD can call u and discuss

Thanks

Shahid
Cochin

@JSchuphal

There are many Indians living here. Indians are commonly called Muhindies by the locals. The locals would always behave properly with you as long as you do the same unto them. They do have a certain bias towards the Indian-Kenyans who have been living in Kenya since 2-3 generations because of their rude behavior, otherwise everything is fine here. The political situation is as bad as India and even worse for the local people rather than expats. Its a nice place, all you need to do is to be careful, just like how you would expect any European to behave in UP or Bihar.

hi friends pl help i have a an offer to work in Nairobi can you pl help me how safe is nairobi for indians to work

sandesh

maharastra india

HI sandesh send your number to my inbox, we can talk. i wil tel you about this place in detail...

hi hw r u my no is---

hi suribhai hw r u thank for ur feedback i got an offer to work in nairobi as a site supervisor ( ALLIED PLUMBERS LTD. PO BOX NO ----GPO, MAASSI ROAD , OFF MOMBASA ROAD,NAIROBI. want a good opinion from U.

Your work place is quite far from westlands, you can use google maps to check that, Maasai Rd, Nairobi, Kenya and Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya. The main problem in nairobi is traffic. Coz of this you will be spending more time on road, for morning it is fine but while going back home you will suffer, and get late home eat late sleep late tired life. So you decide what will you do??? I will suggest some places for you, and hope you talk to your bosses and manage, you better ask somewhere near by stay. mombasa road is quite good place, even you can find many indians there. there is Airtel offic ein mombasa road, i heard there are some indians staying there. Hope you talk to your company first and clear all things, if you need any other clarifications please msg me.

hi suresh

wats about the montly food expen for a single person

monthly food expenses depend on you, if you know cooking then it would be around 150-300$ for a month. If you work near your home then you can carry lunch box or can go back home for lunch. hehehe

Heloo, I am offered a job in Kenya by a MNC Pharma company. I am currently working for them in Mumbai. Can somebody tell me about the security situation in Nairobi as well as education for kids.

If there are experienced boarders can some body tell me what are the essentials that should be negotiated with the company before taking up the job.

Thanks

Manish

how much salary can i get in nairobi i m from rajasthan and i m a sr accountant do u have opening let me know
vishnu

For salary levels try www.payscale.com

Hello, I am offered a job in Kenya/thika. I am currently working in Pune, India. Can somebody tell me about the security situation in Nairobi/Thika as well as education for kids.

what is the average salary being offered to an IT professional?

requesting your valuable opinion and feedbacks

Thanks
Amit

Hi All,

I have an offer for Mjengo Limited in Thika, Kenya. They will provide me the accommodation with all basic amenities.Apart from that I shall be getting around $350 monthly as cost of food and utilities. Is it sufficient for two persons in Thika??? What about cost of Phone & Internet specially when calling to India.
Also I like to know more about Thika like markets, health care etc....if things go well then I shall be arriving there by 14th August.
Waiting for suggestion...

350$ is sufficient

Hi SuriBhai

Coming to Kenya for a safari with wife and 6 yr daughter...Is it a safe place to move around with just a guide for company...since we are new to he place wanted some more info

We will be going to Amboseli / Lake Naivasha / Masai Mara / Nakuru before coming back to Nairobi in the same order

Pls advise

This a very old thread Ganpat, but I notice that you have also opened a new topic on this, which was a good move!