ADD/ADHD Meds in Riyadh

I'm in the process of relocating to the KSA from the US and have a few questions regarding certain stimulant based meds such as Ritalin and or Adderall.

Does the KSA believe in ADD/ADHD and are the listed meds available in the country? If so, what hospitals or qualified mental health professions can one visit in order to obtain a prescription ?

Thank you for your feedback.

Almost all big hospitals in KSA have ADHD departments plus there are lots of specialized centers also available, as the problem is pretty common in the region as well.

I don't have any personal experience yet, but I believe you can easily find your prescribed medications.

Thanks Slyshooter- I appreciate your reply.

Can u kindly tell me the ADHD med in Arabic ..

I live I dubai but will be in ksa in two days. I take the only thing they have in the me, which is concerta. Not too hard to get.. Let me know what you figure out...

I live in Jubail.
I get a script from the shrink at the RC hospital.
We didn't talk about it much but he just accepted my
explanation of what I take and why.
He then writes me a monthly script for Concerta which I
have to fill an hour away in Dammam at a pharmacy specifically
for controlled medicaitons.
I'm sure they'll have a similar place in Riyahd.

Oops! I'm a newb here and just noticed how old your post is.
I hope you get it worked out.

i think slyshooter's info is not correct. it is IMPOSSIBLE to look for good ADHD therapists (in English) and recommended medicine in Riyadh. However, the support systems are a little better for Saudi nationals.

The Military Hospital and the National Guard Hospitals are a good place to start.

From which pharmacy do you buy concerta in DAMMAM.

How can i get concerta in DAMMAM. Which pharmacies ...

NoIqama wrote:

I live in Jubail.
I get a script from the shrink at the RC hospital.
We didn't talk about it much but he just accepted my
explanation of what I take and why.
He then writes me a monthly script for Concerta which I
have to fill an hour away in Dammam at a pharmacy specifically
for controlled medicaitons.
I'm sure they'll have a similar place in Riyahd.

From which pharmacy do you buy concerta in DAMMAM.

hey there, I came Riyadh with a 90 Rx for Adderall and a Doctors note stating this would be an enduring Rx for me. I have not refilled yet either. I work for a large US based company that informed me prior to contract signature that ADD/ADHD meds are available in Saudi with the understanding that Adderall is not availabe but an equivalent is available.

I have not exercised the procedure of getting my Rx filled. Seems the oversight of meds is not as stringent here as are other countries. Hope this helps, it's a mutha when you run out and have none, I know.

Just remember that Ritalin/Concerta (methylphenidate) oral is a controlled drug in most countries. One that not only requires a prescription from a Medical Doctor, but in many nations its sale is closely monitored due to abuse for "recreational" purposes. It is also a medication that should only be taken under close and constant medical supervision due to the numerous risks and contraindications.

Who should not take Ritalin/Concerta oral?

Check with your physician if you have any of the following:

Conditions:
Misuse or Excessive Use of Drugs, Chronic Muscle Twitches or Movements, Tourette's, Epileptic Seizure, Increased Pressure in Eyes, Problems with Eyesight, Structural Disorder of Heart, High Blood Pressure, Heart Attack, Recent Heart Attack, Disease of the Arteries of the Heart, Disease of the Muscle of the Heart with Enlargement, Abnormal Heart Rhythm, Chronic Heart Failure, Stroke, Occasional Numbness, Prickling, or Tingling of Fingers and Toes, Stomach or Intestine Blockage, Inadequate Absorption of Nutrients due to a Short Bowel, Continued Painful Erection, Problems with Food Passing Through the Esophagus, Overactive Thyroid Gland, Anemia, Decreased Blood Platelets, Decreased White Blood Cells, Behaving with Excessive Cheerfulness and Activity, Manic-Depression, Mood Changes, Mental Disorder with Loss of Normal Personality & Reality, Severe Anxiety, Habit of Drinking Too Much Alcohol

Allergies:
METHYLPHENIDATE ANALOGUES

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

wjwoodward wrote:

Just remember that Ritalin/Concerta (methylphenidate) oral is a controlled drug in most countries. One that not only requires a prescription from a Medical Doctor, but in many nations its sale is closely monitored due to abuse for "recreational" purposes. It is also a medication that should only be taken under close and constant medical supervision due to the numerous risks and contraindications.

Who should not take Ritalin/Concerta oral?

Check with your physician if you have any of the following:

Conditions:
Misuse or Excessive Use of Drugs, Chronic Muscle Twitches or Movements, Tourette's, Epileptic Seizure, Increased Pressure in Eyes, Problems with Eyesight, Structural Disorder of Heart, High Blood Pressure, Heart Attack, Recent Heart Attack, Disease of the Arteries of the Heart, Disease of the Muscle of the Heart with Enlargement, Abnormal Heart Rhythm, Chronic Heart Failure, Stroke, Occasional Numbness, Prickling, or Tingling of Fingers and Toes, Stomach or Intestine Blockage, Inadequate Absorption of Nutrients due to a Short Bowel, Continued Painful Erection, Problems with Food Passing Through the Esophagus, Overactive Thyroid Gland, Anemia, Decreased Blood Platelets, Decreased White Blood Cells, Behaving with Excessive Cheerfulness and Activity, Manic-Depression, Mood Changes, Mental Disorder with Loss of Normal Personality & Reality, Severe Anxiety, Habit of Drinking Too Much Alcohol

Allergies:
METHYLPHENIDATE ANALOGUES

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

I know that it is a controlled substance. I was diagnosed with adhd few years back. i am new in saudia i dont know where i can get myself checked and get the prescription. i brought my med with me few months back but my stock is ending, so i want refill.

So if anybody can guide me from where i can get myself checked in DAMMAM and get the prescription and get my medicine.

Hello sabihmahmood,

I am new to KSA and stumbled upon your postings. Am in the same predicament as yourself and was wondering if you've gotten your question answered by any of knowledgable people on here? Have you figured out which pharmacy in Dammam has concerta?

Regards,
Roberto

the medication available as my son uses them for adhd and you can get them from special pharmacies in Riyadh after prescription from specialized doctor.

fairman wrote:

the medication available as my son uses them for adhd and you can get them from special pharmacies in Riyadh after prescription from specialized doctor.

Hi,
My son suffers from ADHD and epillepsis. We are still in Tunisia, but we are moving in mid August to Riyadh. Can you please advise me concerning the best place/hospital in Riyadh that treats such problems. His sickness affects his psyche and his studies as well. I do not want him to go through numerpous adresses. Just tell me about the best.
Thanks