Formalities to bring your pet in Cuba

Hi all,

What are the formalities and paperwork required to bring your pet in Cuba?

How long do formalities & paperwork usually take in Cuba?

What are the relevant authorities to contact?

Which vaccines are compulsory? Do your pets have to go in quarantine at their arrival in Cuba?

Which advice would you give to the ones who would like to move with a dog, a cat or any other pet?

Thanks in advance for participating :)

HI,
First you need to make sure by calling only the airline that is going to take you to Cuba.
If they say yes, they will tell you for sure that 1 or 2 max 15 lbs each animal with you or they can go underneath.
The fee is about $100 to $150 each plus if they are in quarantine you need to pay the fee apart.
The papers are they rabies shots and vaccines record plus vets certificate. I have not done it yet, so I don't know the time frame.
I have 6 cocktails and 1 sun conure. I hand feed them. I will pay everything but I have done some research and a lot of the animals end up dead. I prefer leaving them with a family member or someone that will keep them together and love birds too.
My birds are well train and love people and sing more than 3 songs each plus they talk to you. I will miss them but I can not even think of them being in danger.
My cat, the same thing. My mom will stay with her.

Anything else we can help on please reply or email: [email protected]

I know all this besides I read everything online and ask around the pet shops, I called the cayman airlines last week August 15, 2015. Customer Service put me in hold for some minutes but came back with all the information I needed.