Formalities to bring your pet in Poland

Hi all,

What are the formalities and paperwork required to bring your pet in Poland?

How long do formalities & paperwork usually take in Poland?

What are the relevant authorities to contact?

Which vaccines are compulsory? Do your pets have to go in quarantine at their arrival in Poland?

Which advice would you give to the ones who would like to move with a dog, a cat or any other pet?

Thanks in advance for participating :)

We brought our dog to Poland from the U.S.  A vet issued a health certificate.  It had to be reviewed and approved by the USDA.  I made an appointment and carried it to their office.  The only Polish officials to review the paperwork were airline ticket agents.  (That may not be correct, but it was our experience.).

We have found a vet in our neighborhood who speaks English.  We're just beginning to deal with vaccines.  The biggest difference is that rabies are required every year rather than every three.  Heart worm med is not necessary; they don't have heart worm in Poland.

Hi LoisB & thanks for your contribution.

Harmonie.;)

oooh
interested to hear about an english speaking vet?are you in Warsaw?

susiecy wrote:

oooh
interested to hear about an english speaking vet?are you in Warsaw?

:/

No, sorry, we're in Poznan.

Hello to all.

LoisB, I'm moving next month to Poznan and I'm having some difficulty in finding an English speaking vet. Can you please tell me what is your veterinary contact and where it is exactly?

Thank you

Hi sandrasousa

Welcome on board :)

Note that this thread is quite old here ... 2011. I would invite you to please check out this section here ---> Veterinaries in Poland as it might be helpful :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Our vet is Na Polance. Here is the contact info from their website. They are near Galeria Malta.
ul. Katowicka 11 lokal U1-2 (os. Polanka)
61-131 Poznań
tel. 061 872 30 06

Feel free to contact me via my blog, PolishHousewife, if I can help with anything else as you settle into Poznan!

Thank you for your help Lois. The adress that you provided is 15 min away from my new adress. It is perfect.

I will arrive next week to Poznan.

Congratulations on your blog. It will also help .

Hi everyone!

I am considering a job offer for Krakow, and will be moving there with my dog. Does anyone know if it is a pet friendly city?  Will I have difficulty finding an apartment in  a good neighborhood?

Thank you