Dentist recommendation?

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good dentist in Barcelona, preferably in the Les Corts/Sants/Sarria area. There are so many dental clinics, it's hard to know where to turn, and I know both quality and prince can vary greatly! I'm looking for just general cleaning and care, no major dental work or anything.

PS: Does not have to be an English-speaking dentist. I am very comfortable in Catalan and Spanish.

cantdocell wrote:

PS: Does not have to be an English-speaking dentist. I am very comfortable in Catalan and Spanish.

Any luck finding a dentist? I have a friend who lives in Barcelona that needs to have his "muelas del juicio" removed. His problem is two-fold... he doesn't have a regular dentist, and he has a major fear of dentists from bad previous experiences.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Suerte!

Sorry, no luck yet!

Muchisimo gracias for your quick reply!

My friend responded with this message:

First, I will ask in the public social care (today, I will ask for a visit next Tuesday, in Barcelona, because Monday is a holiday. It can be free if they tell me to go to the cirujano (and, may be they will send me to a private cirujano. It's the same. I would go privately, but for free). If they tell me to go to a normal dentist (not a cirujano, maybe because they think it will be easy to remove them). I will think about going to the cirujano, privately. I dont how much money it will be privately, but I think that I would do it.

In your case, you could try looking for a university that has a dental school. They may have a clinic as well. If it's the same as in the States, only those people who have shown competence would be allowed to do the work.

Otherwise, look for someone with nice teeth, and compliment them about their teeth. That will open the door for you to ask them for a recommendation to a good dentist.

Suerte!

Got no idea in dentistry but based on an experience, I could say that Dentist in Irvine is the best. Dentists there speak in English fluently, there's no any problem with communicating because they know the universal language.

Probably de best dentist in Barcelona and not very expensive is DR. CARLOS SAIZ. You can find him in CLINICA FONT FARGAS.  GOOD LUCK

My recomnedation is going to Badalona, near the Pep Ventura metro station there is a family dental clinic where they  work all togehter.

Check it in googlemaps in calle Guifre 170, Badalona.

They are my parents, my brother and her wife! they know how hard is beeing out of your place.

hiya
in Spain, on the spanish social security service, you are entitled to have any teeth removed for free.  You just have to go along to a dentist and book the time for the appointment.  Obviously you would have to know beforehand that the offending object has to be removed.

Good luck and keep positive.

[Moderated]

Absolutely brilinat treatment.
I dread going to the densist but I can thoroughly recomend their services.

yes i went to a great dentist in Barcelona cdbrion.com is a really good dentist and speaks english and many other languages. good luck. Sedrick

oh by the way they are in LES Corts too.. near Diagonal.

Don't go to Font d'en Fargas, Dr Carlos Saiz.
You will receive the most hypocrit smile meanning : I want your money. This dentiste is not eficient when problems are serious but and he tries to hide it with a good looking place. And be cautious if you need bills...

Hi there,

I would recommend you Sanz&Pancko Dental, close to Clot metro stop
Good dentist and affordable prices
clinicadentalsyp.com
Initial consultation is free of charge!

Reb

Hello Reb Williams,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

Kindly note that this discussion is not active since May 2012.

I would suggest you to recommend the dentist you mentioned above in the Barcelona Business Directory- Dentists in Barcelona so that it can be accessible to other members.

Thank you for your help
Yuveshen