Sha na na na - Get a job....

I have always been an entrepreneur in my heart, starting and operating businesses during the last 19 years. I am very comfortable on my own, doing what I want to do, working long hours, but enjoying it so much that it never has felt like work. My question is: Is Ghana at all OVER-REGULATED like here in the U.S? Our wonderful (not!) Government has practically nickel & dimed my little Mom & Pop business so much, that they are taking more than we are earning! Does all the red tape, bureaucracy, and overwhelming ridiculous set of rules apply when starting and running a business in Ghana? Do I need to get Citizenship in Ghana to start and run a business? Can my business (if an actual building) be taken away from me by the government, even if I run it "by the rules", with integrity, and locals view it as a valuable addition to their city or neighborhood?

Additionally, If I go the job or career route instead, which can often give a person alot less to worry about, are most jobs/careers on par with Ghana's local economy? In other words, can a more or less "average" job provide one with sufficient income to lead a fairly comfortable lifestyle? I don't care about owning a Ferrari or living in Bill Gate's house, but just a simple but clean, nice lifestyle.

Thank you!

Ironron (Ron)

[Moderated: self-promoting is not allowed on the forum]

Sweetascot

Again this post is old. You seem to be answering many old posts.
Please check the dates before answering or start a new post for discussion. 
Thanks.