New to Cairo

Hi, Im moving to Cairo at the end of August for work, Im going to be living in Zalemek, is this a good area to live? Im really keen to meet new people, I am from London but have been living in Turkey for the last 4 years so would like to meet people from Turkey to continue practising my Turkish also of course other expats or Egyptians to show me the best places to go.
Thanks

First of all,Welcome to Egypt
Zamalk is a very good area to live specially for Expats :)
if u wanna ask about any thing u are more than welcome

Hello purplelilychick and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that you will have a lot of nice contacts here.

Harmonie.

Welcome To Egypt
Hope you enjoy your time :)

Welcome to our forum and we are happy because you are gonna be here in Egypt soon

Zamalek area is amazing, it is my favorite place, you chose the right place

We are doing alot of outing here, and our great organizer eltviola used to organize most of our outing, so we are waiting for you here to join our network and our outings:)

Have a great day
Cheers

hey there...

i am turkish and also just moved to cairo for work...soo will be happy to meet you once you are in cairo..

till then take care & have safe travel here..

Zamalek is not good. Zamalek is superb :) ..... Sit back and relax. It is a very nice neighborhood where you can find everything you want. It is a very high class area and it is full of expats, embassies ....etc. Welcome to Cairo !

hehe as i told you am sure you will have lots of good friends here ;)

semsema135 wrote:

Welcome to our forum and we are happy because you are gonna be here in Egypt soon

We are doing alot of outing here, and our great organizer eltviola used to organize most of our outing, so we are waiting for you here to join our network and our outings:)

Have a great day
Cheers

hehehe semsema, am waitng for our outing this thursday so much :)

Welcome To Egypt
Hope you enjoy your time, and don't hesitate to post or contact any one to help.

don moe wrote:
semsema135 wrote:

Have a great day
Cheers

me too waiting for our outing, i am sure it will be full of fun and food hehe

don moe wrote:
semsema135 wrote:

Have a great day
Cheers

Lool Don Moe, as I told you, welcome to the gang and it is our pleasure to join us and to know you in person, am happy because you are coming, by the way, you are really lucky because there will be nice people there in this outing, you will laugh from the heart:)The londoner and Hyndmani are really great & funny and you will enjoy their company, and me for sure, hehehe kidding;):)but you will find many nice ppl there,
So be ready for eating and enjoying fun;)
Have a great day and see you soon:)

For Malsi, you already joined us before, but this time i think the gang will be bigger than  before:)see  u there ba2a;)

semsema135 wrote:
don moe wrote:
semsema135 wrote:

Have a great day
Cheers

Lool Don Moe, as I told you, welcome to the gang and it is our pleasure to join us and to know you in person, am happy because you are coming, by the way, you are really lucky because there will be nice people there in this outing, you will laugh from the heart:)The londoner and Hyndmani are really great & funny and you will enjoy their company, and me for sure, hehehe kidding;):)but you will find many nice ppl there,
So be ready for eating and enjoying fun;)
Have a great day and see you soon:)

well semsema am so glad to share all of you in real life ;) hehehe and all of us are lucky for this great companion :)
see you soon too ;)

Don Moe, Malsi, Semsema, I'm also looking forward to the outing this Thursday, I'm sure it'll be great fun and I'm happy u guys r joining.

purplelilychick, as semsema said, Elain usually organises the outings but she is away now and I decided to organise this one. We will be happy to have u join the outings when u get here.

KemalK, u can also join us and have fun. U will find the outings posted on the forum.

purplelilychick & KemalK, Feel free to contact me or anyone else whenever u need help with anything. Welcome to Egypt!

Rozypearl wrote:

Don Moe, Malsi, Semsema, I'm also looking forward to the outing this Thursday, I'm sure it'll be great fun and I'm happy u guys r joining.

purplelilychick, as semsema said, Elain usually organises the outings but she is away now and I decided to organise this one. We will be happy to have u join the outings when u get here.

KemalK, u can also join us and have fun. U will find the outings posted on the forum.

purplelilychick & KemalK, Feel free to contact me or anyone else whenever u need help with anything. Welcome to Egypt!

inshAllah am coming ))))))) and am sooooooo hungry

Hey rozypearl..

thanks for the notice...is the coming outing the iftar tomorrow?? sorry quite new to this Expat.com and lots of discussions at the forum so i am not sure if i got the right one :)

if so; i would be happy to join...if still can and not too late..

just a question..what area is this place we are going for?? i work in heliopolis and i will try to drive there (not easy at all in Cairo :))...so that i can plan ahead..

thanks in advance for the feedback...

hope to see you all soon..

rgds,
kemal

KemalK wrote:

Hey rozypearl..

thanks for the notice...is the coming outing the iftar tomorrow?? sorry quite new to this Expat.com and lots of discussions at the forum so i am not sure if i got the right one :)

just a question..what area is this place we are going for?? i work in heliopolis and i will try to drive there (not easy at all in Cairo :))...so that i can plan ahead..

rgds,
kemal

Hello Kemal
for sure you are most welcome to come but I need first to confirm with the restaurant that we can add extra one person because we are now 21 person.

You will find all the details on this link:https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=98672

Hey KemalK

Well, I went to the restaurant today and told them to add one person to the gang:D and there will be no problem at all, so we will wait you
Just check the link @ https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=98672
see u there

semsema135 wrote:

Hey KemalK

Well, I went to the restaurant today and told them to add one person to the gang:D and there will be no problem at all, so we will wait you
see u there

you and Rania are now the hard workers :D

KemalK wrote:

Hey rozypearl..

rgds,
kemal

Kemal, Welcome to the gange to the club to the ...., dont know more .but what I really know is that U r WELCOME :D:D

don moe wrote:
semsema135 wrote:

Hey KemalK

see u there

you and Rania are now the hard workers :D

lool mohamed, I have done nothing by the way, I just went to reserve, and it is easy task

See you there, don't be late or we will eat your food

honestly we all apreciate what you did :)

Thanks everyone for your comments, its sounds like you will all be having fun tonight, wish I coud join you but I dont arrive for another 2 weeks. Have fun

Also Kemel it would be great to go out for coffee sometime, thanks for the invite. Tesekker

purplelilychick wrote:

Thanks everyone for your comments, its sounds like you will all be having fun tonight, wish I coud join you but I dont arrive for another 2 weeks. Have fun

Well u will enjoy am sure when u come!

purplelilychick wrote:

Hi Rachel
Hope for u a safe trip and thank you for ur great wishes, and hope u will be able to come today, but we will compensate it later after your coming
How's London, hope everything will be safe soon
Cheers

purplelilychick wrote:

Hi and welcome :) I hope you'll join one of the social gatherings when you arrive - I'll be back in Cairo by then too, and Ramadan will be drawing to a close. There's always an excuse for an outing if you look for one ;)

In the mean time, I hope you make contact with a few people via the forum so you feel happier about moving to Egypt and making friends, and if you have any questions they can be answered before you arrive :D
Elaine

purplelilychick wrote:

alot of fun is waiting for u here :)

wow this is awesome i really want to come to a outing next time you have one

Hi all :) And I hope you're settling in well Purplelilychick :) Check the social stickies if you're interested in an outing on the 23rd Sept in Zamalek,  it'd be great to see some new faces there :D
Elaine

Zamalek is a great area to live in and there's a lot to do there..am sure u'll love life in egypt...at least i hope so lol