Rent a flat or a house in Mombasa

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Mombasa. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Mombasa.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Mombasa?

How to find a home in Mombasa: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi,there are so many living venues in mombasa so no need to worry,there are in abudance.Infact if its any consolation there are more houses per square kilometre in mombasa than any other city i have visted...so far.Security and reason for stay are important grounds of consideration when house hunting.Then there is the issue of finances i.e how much one is willing to spend.I will deal with the former first.Mombasa is a relatively safer hood compared to nairobi but you cant be too safe you know.Many houses are normally along the road so distance to safety is assured.Which is the reason for stay will help you locate a relaxed zone that fits the relaxing mood.If a party is on holiday for instance,venues such as Northern coast are better off to mombasa' main land.How much one is wiling to spend will also dictate thevenue that they may land on,there are great holtels that offer apartments for instance check on Lambada,Kahama and kenda at affordable rates.This is just a brief over view on the topic,will be looking out for additional myself on the subject mentioned herein!

Hi,
well i live in mombasa.
First en foremost,its not hard to find a flat or a house to rent in mombasa,it all depends on how much ur willing to spend and which location,u would like to live in for example mombasa in divided in too 3,north coast south coast en the main land.

to ur sencond question,if u like to find a house or an appartment in mombasa u can always go to classified or real estate agencies,but i woulds advice to that alot,becoz some are always out to make more money en they can even con u.

About the rent issue,well it all depends on the location where u want to live at for example like i nyali u would get a 3bedroomed house for 30-50,000 kenyan hilling,will u can also get the same number of rooms in a different area for less

Well on the fomalities requirments are not so much
also it depends on the agreement between u and the owner of the house.

I would advise u to let someone who really know mombasa help you in finding a nice secure en fair rated apartment or house to rent.[Moderated]

I need apartament to rent in Mombasa, Nyali or Bamburi, for 6 month from september.

Someone can help me?

Hello,

Hope your doing well..Ok first and foremost,what is your budget for the appartment or flat you want to rent,should it be furnished or unfurnished and how many bedrooms would you prefer???

Kindly advice..will be glad to help.
Lilly

Thank you very much for replay. I need only one room because i am alone. I prefer furnished. The budget i dont know, it s depend but not important

[Moderated: Communicate by PM pls]

[email protected]

Got it,will keep intouch with you ASAP.
Goodday.

Thank you lilia

your welcomed..:)

[moderated: please post in the housing section]

you are wellcome in mombasa i can take you around and see the best choice of the house you need keep in touch  [email protected]

Hello mulari. :)

To note that this thread title is Rent a flat or a house in Mombasa.
If you have any informations, do not hesitate to share them directly on the forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Well it not difficult to find out apartments in Mombasa...
The main things How can you trust on agents?

and here my experience after 4 blunders since 2006
1) Is it...( No )
2) How to ...( Check the Customers Pin Board at the Shopping-Centers) Nakumatt, Tusky, Naivash and the Shopping Mall.
3)How much ...( count 12.000-15.000 per room unfurnished in a civilized/save area)
4) Formality ...(sign only an official Tenancy Agreement drafted by Advocate)Make sure previous Tenant has settled all open bills(Electric,Water,Security)
5) Advise... trust is fine control is better ! find a foreign Landlord and take care of his investment ...

papakilo_alfa
Shanzu - Mombasa

Hi, Here are beautiful apartments in Mombasa. You can purchase according to your choice.

Hi Francesco,

Have you found a place?

I have a room available, a very spacious apartment. It's in the Tudor/Sparky area which is on  the island. It's close to public transport. If you are interested, let me know and I'll send you more information to your in box.

Regards,
Eunice

Hi am looking for a bedsitter within the island, or a 2 bedrooms house.

Hi valencia22 > you should please post this ad in the housing in Mombasa section.

Thank you,
Christine

i am planing to move to Mombasa with my wife and looking for a decent secure apartment preferably 2 bedrooms in Nyali or Bamburi.

furnished or semi furnished will be ideal.

i want to know how i can find such a place and what is the procedure for short term lease of 3 months.

thanks and regards

Amin hirani

Hello Amin,

Thank you for email.

What is your budget for the apartment? Currently a furnished two bedroom apartment goes for 65,000Ksh and 80,000 per month. All this flats are within the Nyali area.

Thanks and Regards,
Eunice

Hi, i worked in kenya for 30 years i am now retired, i now  come to kenya to spend the winter the last couple of years i went to Diani this winter i like a change and come to Mombasa, i am alone i need a furnished studio flat, in Diani i Was living at Simba apartment water eletricity nice garden pool tv cleand two e a week i Was paying 40.000 Ks per month.let me know how are Mombasa prices i come for 6 months october- march i thank you
                 Regards. T Bruno.

[moderated: pls post in the housing section]

Hi T Bruno.,

I will invite you to please drop an advert in the Flats for rent in Mombasa section as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Thanks will do that does help
:top:

I need a fully furnished one bedroom apartment in or around Nyali location.Kindly suggest and revert on my mobile number if anything is available.

Regards

Hi Nik7,

This thread has been inactive since quite some time now, i suggest you drop an advert in the Housing in Mombasa section of the website so that you may get some offers.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi...
Looking for apaprtment with 5 bedrooms..rent budget is 55k-60k.
If own compound then can buy even if it has 3-4 bedrooms..at budget of 12M-17M.
Will wait for your positive reply .
Thank you.