Rent a flat or a house in Kigali

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Kigali. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Kigali.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Kigali?

How to find a home in Kigali: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

hi,

i m about to finishing the pilot selection for Rwandair and if all good might be start end of septmenber. I m looking also for a house. my budget is around 1000USD and will be contracted for 1 year with possible extension.

I m 30 years old swiss citizen and easy going.looking for a nice modern house where i can relax, close to the airport and the city

plz email me directly to [email protected] as i not often on the site to check my messages.

Regards,

Uriel

Hi,

I am a Kenyan working for a Kenyan company.

I am looking for a fully furnished house/flat, preferably two bedrooms, wouldn't mind three though. Close to the city as possible, Kimihurura, Kicukiro or Nyarutarama. My budget is 700usd.

Security is priority, where I can park my car and hopefully find my side mirrors intact. A nice modern house in a quiet neighborhood.

Please email me on [email protected].

Thank You

(moderated: no free adverts on the forum please)

Hi Uriel and Kanyonita,

I would suggest you to have a look at the Kigali classifieds > accommodation section and post an advert there.

It might help you in your search.

I wish you good luck
Christine

[Moderated: No free ads on the forum please]

nothing much need to get to know my mothers country,,,, i

is there possibility to get a place less than 100$ a month

the houses in Kigali are very big and the rent fees are very high.
you can find houses from 1000$ rent in far places like KABEZA and go up to 2500$ and more in places like NYOTARAMA. 2-3 bedrooms apartment is not easy to find and if you find one so the prices will be very high.
the best to do is to find broker that will help you to find what you need and the good thing that you don't need to pay him the commission, he is take it from the land lord.
usually the payment is for 3 month advance and one month deposit.
the rent, the commission and the payments are negotiable.
i can recommend on a very good broker here.
regards and good luck.

thank you for that good questions that you have asked.
I am going to answer you according to the way you have asked,

on the first question I would like to tell you that is not hard to find an apartment or a rental house here in Kigali.

on the second question I can tell you that when like you are in Kigali there are some people that you look for and they give you all the list of the rental houses or you can also search them on internet like gemeya.com or also you can tell me the type of the house that you want like how many rooms etc.. and I book it for you that would be the best choice.

on the third question I can tell you that it matters on the size of the house and the location of the house, you wish to have. this all conditions will affect the price of the rental house .

on the fourth question I can tell you that they are no papers or documents that are required the only thing important is that you have to be there or your representative must be there and then you sign both the owner of the house and the one renting the agreement papers which shows that both of you agreed on everything that you want on both sides.

the next question the advice that I can give you is that the best thing to do is to come to Kigali when you have someone that you already know each other or you have his or her contact so that he/she can help you in the first days.

thank you too Christine!! it's my pleasure to give any information about Kigali.

Thank you guys for your contributionn! :)

Aurélie

thank you for that message . ths is my contact. [email protected]
and my telephone is +250783101124 so then contact me then we can make a good plan of you when you will be about coming to Rwanda.
thank you

[posted in the wrong section]

- Topic Closed -

For all adverts please refer to the Housing in Kigali section of the site.

Regards
Kenjee

Closed