Rent a flat or a house in Douala

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Douala. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Douala.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Douala?

How to find a home in Douala: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Thank you Christine for these questions.
I'm living here in Yaounde.I have help many people to find accommodation here in Yaounde.Let  me Start by answering your first question:

In Yaounde,you can easily find and apartment.Many new houses are being built in the Capital of the country.

To find a house here you need to work with a person you are use to but no upfront fees should be paid until confirmation that is an accommodation available.

The price of an apartment depends on the landlord.There is no official price.It depends on the house also.It depends on whether it is furnished or not.Furnished apartments are usually very expensive ranging from  1000USD-1500usd PER MONTH.

Any body looking for an accommodation will need to sign an agreement with real estate agent and then see the house first before making any accomplishments according to agreement.

The advice I have to give here is that never pay out money upfront for any reason.Come and see the house then talk with the person responsible and make sure you get the lease contract before making payments.

Thanks for your contribution kolem2!

Harmonie.:)

Bonne apres -midi Christine,
My name is Vega .I was born in Mauritius and settled in South Africa from 1989 where I am a permanent citizen.I have been offered work by an international company in Douala, Cameroon for a 6 months contract period.
I will really appreciate if you can find a fully furnished bachelor flat in Akwa,Douala where I will be working.
Merci beaucoup,VEGA

Check the housing section at the top of this page.

Actually finding a house or flat in Douala is not a hard thing to do and housing varies depending on the number of rooms you will want, furnished or unfurnished and you will only need your passport for identification and signing of your housing contract between you and the landlord or lawyer depending on the terms of you and your landlord agree on