Rent a flat or a house in Jalisco

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Jalisco. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Jalisco.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Jalisco?

How to find a home in Jalisco: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Pat's blog - Mexico Daily Living - suggested this site that has wonderful video tours if you're looking in the Lake Chapala area:

accesslakechapala.com

Hola from Mexico; 
In response to your questions with regard to finding a residence in Jalisco, Puerto Vallarta to be exact.

I decided to live there and needed to find an apartment with little to spend from my budget.  I tried online thru a Mexican classified newspaper called Mana a Mano.  Yes, it is in Spanish, but Google will translate.  There were affordable places but when I inquired they were not suitable.  As a result, and time was getting short, I had to use a real estate company that carried rentals in my price range.  They were excellent in finding something for me; yet, when my lease was up they tried to screw me from my deposit.  The place was clean and nothing ruined, yet they did not show up when they were scheduled to show up.  I had to make a nuisance of myself and said I would not leave until I got my depsoit back.  They dragged it out with all kinds of excuses.  Please beware.  I believe that this is how they make their profit.

Since that time I have settled in a smaller town than Puerto Vallarta where locales and expats were more than happy to assist.  Walk around the area you want to live and notice the rental signs.  Then call.  That is the best way to find a place. As far as owning a home, it would be best to use a real estate company that you find to be reputable.

Rent a apartment a casa in Jalisco & Nayarit,

Hello all i lived in Nuevo Vallarta some 7 years and my business is Rentals and Property management,i have two property of my own that i rent out its not been an easy ride and i only work with people that i know for 7 years and can trust them with my clients,

Please my advise to any one working with any one over the net check them out do not hand over large amount of money,there are scam out there,

How it works just so you know how we get payed,if a long term rental 6-12 the agency get the first month rent,if its a short term the agency take 20% which most of the time is shared with an other agency whom might have the rental property or client,

You might think thats a lot but when you see the amount of time spend on rentals its a lot of work,my advise to you know what you want where you want to be,know your budget best result are people that know what they want,

[Moderated: pls send details via a pm]

IN CAPS

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Jalisco? DEPEND ON WHAT YOUR BUDGET IS YOU CAN FIND BASIC PROPERTY FROM 4000 PESOS A MONTH LONG TERM 6-12 MONTHS THAT WOULD BE IN SOME OF THE MEXICO COMMUNITY,OR LUXURY HOME FROM $2000 UP WARDS,AND THEN THE MIDDLE RANGE IT ALL DEPEND ON THE TIME OF YEAR NOVEM TO MAY IS THE SEASON HERE,

How to find a home in Jalisco: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?YES USE CLASSIFIELD BUT BE VERY CAREFUL ABUT BOOKING AND SENDING MONEY OVER TO PEOPLE YOU DO NOT KNOW NEVER SEND CASH,I KNOW OF CLIENTS THAT HAVE DONE THAT AND THEY LOST OUT BIG TIME,MY ADVICE USE A RECOMMENDED AGENT/AGENCIES USE SKYPE CALL TO VIDEO PEOPLE,

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment? DEPENDS ON YOUR LIFE STYLE AND WHAT YOU WANT TO DO,$400= $4000 US A MONTH

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation? AGREE WHATS INCLUDED WHATS NOT INCLUDED MAKE UP CONTACT TAKE A HOLDING DEPOSIT NORMALLY ONE MONTH AND TWO MONTH UP FRONT,

Which advice would you give? MY ONLY ADVISE WOULD TO BE USE AN TRUSTED AGENT THAT KNOWS THE AREA TALK TO THEM ABOUT YOUR NEEDS LIKE DISLIKE LIFESTYLE AND MAYBE COME FOR 10 DAYS HOLIDAY AND FIND A PLACE,

SO SOORRY ITS TAKEN ME THIS TIME TO GET BACK TO YOU,

Best way to find a rental is networking and/or walking the streets. [Moderated: no free ads pls]