Rent a flat or a house in Kuala Lumpur

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Kuala Lumpur. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Kuala Lumpur.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Kuala Lumpur?

How to find a home in Kuala Lumpur: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Kuala Lumpur? It depends on which area of KL one wishes to reside. In my area which is Taman Orkid Cheras. Finding a single room is difficult but finding an apartment is not much of a problem.

How to find a home in Kuala Lumpur: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies? In Taman Orkid, usually, phone numbers of the landlords are displayed clearly on the buildings where there are vacancies. And interested persons can give the landlord or his agent a call and then they will schedule to meet.

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment? An apartment here costs about 1500 MR including the initial deposit which will be given back to the tenant when parking out of the flat. Then on monthly basis, 600 MR is paid. I consider here even more costly than places like Milan and so on. payment of utility bill depends on the individual and their number of electrical appliances.

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation? Usually for foreigners, their passports are needed for confirmation that they are legitimate and have a stay in Malaysia.

Which advice would you give? It is usually advisable one looks for accommodation oneself. Asking someone to get for one is not usually advisable as they may add extra money to it for themselves. Or some criminally minded individuals may make away with the money.

thanx for such worth info dear

my pleasure

Hi Chirstine,
I am a property agent in KL Malaysia .If any questions about house can feedback to me.

Thank you

Tan

Hi Tan and welcome on board!

If you have useful information why don't you share them on the forum?

Regards
Armand

Hi all,
I know this post is old but Okwudili can you help with apartments for rent? A 2 bed 1 bath apartment would be ideal for us.

Student with a tight budget needing flat near transportation as will be going to Jalan Hang Kasturi area daily. Dont want to waste too much time commuting. Are you able to help?
Thanks in advance

Hi sunnsand,

You should have a look at the Housing in Kuala Lumpur section and post an advert there as well.

Thanks Christine,

Thought I'd ask someone already there as it seems to me a safe bet than going through the papers. Since I'm not in the country and dont know Malaysia at all.

Hi all,

I am planning to work in Malaysia.

Where is the best place to find rental houses or apartment which is near Mid Valley City?

How much is the rent?

Thank you.

Hi all,

I need shared accommodation with Indian girls in Kuala-lampur in Jan 2013 .

Thank you.

Hello sameenabanu_hyd and welcome to Expat.com!

You should post an advert in the Housing in Kuala Lumpur section. It could help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi did u find a placE?
M an Indian girl.. working here.. moved recently..
looking for a place to move in..
018 355 4953

i am looking for a trusted agent to rent my property in KL (Jalan Tun Razak). can you advise any?

Hello rajeevaggarwal -> This page could help : Real estate brokers in Kuala Lumpur. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi, thanks much for directing to this page.

Do you have any particular agent you have dealt with..who is trustworthy?

thanks
Rajeev

My husband and I are moving to KL in next few months, but are so far finding the search for accommodation tricky.  Partly because we have a dog, which limits it to landed property, and partly because of the agents.

We have a clear brief of what we are looking for, but have not found that agents really engage with this and also because they don't just represent their own properties.

JulieBroad wrote:

My husband and I are moving to KL in next few months, but are so far finding the search for accommodation tricky.  Partly because we have a dog, which limits it to landed property, and partly because of the agents.

We have a clear brief of what we are looking for, but have not found that agents really engage with this and also because they don't just represent their own properties.

Hi JulieBroad - welcome to Malaysia. KL is a big city, hence the agents like us may not have the suitable house for you. if we have a suitable house, we sure will call you!...

yes, dogs are not allow in most condominium so u need to find a landed house which is expansive and hard to get. most landed houses are owned stay by owners (unless u are OK with outside of KL). mine to share which specific area u are looking for?

good website that u may search

mudah.my
iproperty.com

in KL area, the booking deposit is 2 months rental (returnable after tenancy expired) + 1 month advance rental + utility deposit. tenancy agreement will cost u a few hundreds depend on the monthly rental. do read the tenancy agreement properly.

omar arif wrote:

good website that u may search

mudah.my
iproperty.com

in KL area, the booking deposit is 2 months rental (returnable after tenancy expired) + 1 month advance rental + utility deposit. tenancy agreement will cost u a few hundreds depend on the monthly rental. do read the tenancy agreement properly.

I agree with Omar and also want add some more websites which I recommend

ibilik.my
letaroom.com.my

[Moderated: Please communicate by PM]

Hi, Mr Tan....

I am looking for a agent to rent and sell my house (free hold) in Ampang urgently.

Pls send me an email or your telephone...where I can sent you the detail info + photo.

Best regard

Mrs Yoan

dear i am a visitor so i need to private apartment , i can expend every month only 700 Malaysia money ,i can room share wit any girl if i don't get any apartment or home in this last of month 27 or 28 i am comening plz answer me

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum pls]

Anyone looking for cheap car to rent?

hey christine, my auntie is looking for a new tenant in her house just near in KL. notify me if you still looking for a house to rent :)

hi soren, where is the location and how much??

Hi, any room available to rent area bandar country homes?

Hello guys,

Could you please post your advert in the housing in Kuala Lumpur section?

Thank you.
Christine
Expat.com team

By far, this is the most interesting post I have ever come across! Wow, share a room with any girl!

I mean, based on the avatar of nill guho suggests that he is a man. Is he or she? Or am I being old fashioned here? :rolleyes:

nill guho wrote:

dear i am a visitor so i need to private apartment , i can expend every month only 700 Malaysia money ,i can room share wit any girl if i don't get any apartment or home in this last of month 27 or 28 i am comening plz answer me

joyce.ipoh wrote:

By far, this is the most interesting post I have ever come across! Wow, share a room with any girl!

I mean, based on the avatar of nill guho suggests that he is a man. Is he or she? Or am I being old fashioned here? :rolleyes:

nill guho wrote:

LOL..well,if there is any girl doesnt mind,why not?:D

hi Tan ,

we are french and we are planing to come in kl in ramadan time , do you have flat for family like 2/3 bedroom?

best regards

Just to share some information about the rental procedure for expatriates in Malaysia.

1.When you decide a place to rent, the normal procedure is to pay one month's rent as earnest deposit to guarantee the agreement between you and the landlord. This earnest deposit will eventually become your first month's rent. You and the landlord usually sign a letter of agreement.

2.Within seven days, you will be required to conclude the tenancy agreement and pay the remainder of the upfront payments which includes two months' rent as a deposit to be returned at the end of the rental period.

3.In addition, you will probably be required to pay a deposit for the utilities (usually half or one month's rent).

4.Most tenancy agreements in Malaysia are for a period of two years with minimum of one year and often include the option to renew for another one or two years, providing notification is given by a specified date.

5.Most leases for expatriates have what is often called a 'diplomatic clause'. This allows expats to terminate the lease early without penalty if they are transferred out of the country or if their work permit is cancelled for any reason. If this is not included in your tenancy agreement, it is a good idea to   insist on it being written in. However, the diplomatic clause can only be excercised in the second year of the lease and requires proof of the change in circumstances as well as two months' written notice of the intention to terminate the lease.

If you need any other information on property matters, kindly pm me.

johan yee wrote:
joyce.ipoh wrote:

nill guho wrote:

LOL..well,if there is any girl doesnt mind,why not?:D

Yes yes. Why not? Lol lol lol

(After laughing out loud 3 times, I fainted!)

hello i am from india and i want to work in malaysia i dont knw anyone.

any indian who want to share their falt or room please help me

[Moderated: Please post in Housing section]

Now, it is really getting interesting! So, ashfaq you wanna to share with a girl or a guy?

ashfaq73 wrote:

hello i am from india and i want to work in malaysia i dont knw anyone.

any indian who want to share their falt or room please help me

sorry for misunderstanding i am male software developer and i want yo relocate in malaysia so any indian who have sharing flat please help me...

Hello ashfaq73 -> I invite you to post an advert in the Housing in Kuala Lumpur section. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

[Moderated: Please post in Housing section]