Rent a flat or a house in Busan

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Busan. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Busan.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Busan?

How to find a home in Busan: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

It can be hard to find a place that YOU want. I found that the housing that is advertised at real estate offices are almost always false advertising. All the Koreans I asked told me they didn't understand it either.

Most of the flyers with advertised housing isn't what is necessarily available. Look around and bargain. It doesn't hurt to take a Korean with you to negotiate.

For a simple flat in a decent neighborhood, you're looking at about 400,000 won and about 10,000,000 key money for deposit.

Thank you for this information jetsettlersmag! :)

It is not difficult to find the flat if you meet right person or information. I do not recommend to contact broker because you should pay commission. Most of them do not know western customs of rent. Meanwhile, try to find expat community on portal, where English teachers are exchanging necessary real information on koreabridge.com or craig.org and expat-blog.com, but it is not so active as well too slow to open. Definately, it is also in need.
Price ranges are official condo asking KW10,000G/500-600G per month, Studio KW5,000G/400-500G per month. But there is KW1,000G/500G per month in Kwanganri neighbourhood close to KSU,PKNU, Suyeong, Centurm. If you do not want to spend commission...
The house require two pieces ID with photo.
Generally annual contract but minimum half year available too.
English and western custom is understandable clearly due to Korean-Canadian. Meanwhile, broker has limited capability in English, contract paper, customs, rental payment system and daily living manner etc..... I hope it could be helpful.
I do not mean to advertise the house but I just try to help whoever need my information for living in Busan, or any question to live in Busan because I had experienced in other country. I was embrassed many times due to lack of information. For your question, I am the owner of this building. You don not need to pay commission. Just asking whatever you want to know about rent or anythingelse...We have already three English people here...

Thank you for the information, SteveKim.  My husband and I maybe moving at the beginning of the year there.  Not sure if we will stay in Busan Or Goeje Island yet.

Welcome to visit Korea. Whatever you need to know for relocation in new city, you can ask to me. I will try to give you helpful information as much as possible.

However in Ankara Turkey 200 sq meters condos are being rented at 600USD/month(new ones). If you need one, please contact me to find you one and settle with your home office. Busan is really expensive with 2500 USD/month rental rate for the same size.

Hey
Im studying at the PNU univ.
Im looking for a room or something to live.but without any roommates.do you know anything?thanks a lot :D

Hello bambinajockey and welcome to Expat.com! :)

You should post an advert in the Housing in Busan section. It could help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

(Moderated: Please post in the section housing in Busan)

I will be moving to Busan soon, likely first part of November 2014. I will stay a few weeks, then come home for holidays, then back and do the same thing in December. Starting January, I will be there for a year or two or even longer depending on the company needs.
This past summer I stayed in a hotel for 2 months which was not bad but this time I would like a place where I can leave my stuff when travelling home and just take a carry-on with me.
I stayed at Haeundae Beach and loved the area. Thats my target area for housing though I will work in Ulsan.
Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated, on any topic concerning being expat!
Thank you

Hello, my name is Asha. I am looking for someone who needs to rent a flat very urgent, it is one room studio flat, modern and clean. Rent price is won 530 000, key deposit is won 1 000 000. It is very cheap for such kind of flat. The flat is in Seomyeon district, the center of Busan, very close to metro stations, two lines (1 and 2). Nearby Lotte department store. If you ve ever been to Seomyeon, it is one of the convinient place to live, because everything is available, drug stores, cheap shops and supermarkets, any kinds of cafes. The flat is fully furnished, tv and internet, heating floor, nice kitchen. Please welcome to rent it.

Hi All
I am visiting Pusan for a month and i need a flat to stay...is there a flat that i can rent just for a month?
Help me out here...cheers
Steve

Hi. steve.
I have got a studio in heaundae.
You can stay there for 1 month.
It is all provided studio residence.

If you are interested in my place.
Let me know by my email.
[email protected]

When you arrive the date and time
How long
When you leave
Which transportation do you use to come etc.

you can also see my place in housing section here.
If you.email.me.we could more.discuss about it. And i could also send you some pics of the place.

Thanks.

May

I'll visit ulsan for 3 months and i need a flat to stay...is there a flat that i can rent just for 3 month?
Help me..thinks

Hi look I know I have nothing to do with your answer but still im one considering visiting korea or maybe staying to live there. As I live in the US and have no one over there things are little tough for me. I wish to find a place before going to korea I dont want to get there without infornation or a roof to sleep at . If you can tell me what to do or give me some advice that will be good

It's not that easy since you usually have to pay key money. Check on http://www.pusanweb.com/

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Old thread - Please drop an advert in the Housing in Busan section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Stevekim,

I will be moving busan in March '18 or sooner.  I have a friend whom is already teaching in South Korea.  That should make my move a lot easier.  I am really nervous about finding a place to live.  Thank you for any advise about your building.  My email address is ***.  Thank you so much.

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct