Introduction to Bahrain
Instead of repeating what’s already out there on the Internet about the History of Bahrain, here we would like to give a view of Bahrain for expats.
Accommodating just over a million people (majority of them expats), Bahrain is and has always been the most liberal and welcoming country in the Gulf region. You will find expats from almost every part of the world but most come from India, Pakistan, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, the United States, France and many more countries. Despite being right in the middle of the Middle East, the country welcomes all people from all religions, including Christians, Jews and Hindus. So no matter which religion you follow, you will be made to feel welcome here.
Despite the uprising and the protests happened in 2011, the country is absolutely safe to live and work. Like in any other country, there are areas where we would not recommend expats to live in (more on that later), however vast majority of the country is safe to live, work and enjoy.
Written by brightonguy and Josnuggles.
Guide section: Generalities
Latest guide articles
- All about Jobs and Work in Bahrain
- Shopping in Bahrain
- Driving and Public Transports in Bahrain
- Schooling in Bahrain
- Where is the best place to live in Bahrain?
- How can I find a place to live in Bahrain?
- Introduction to Bahrain
- Driving license and cars in Bahrain
- Doing Business in the GCC. A Simple Guide to the Westerner.
- Mixed martial arts / Boxing
- Bahrain steps up traffic penalties ?
- How's Al manah ? Need a review for stay.
- Regarding Cost of living in bahrain
- Bahrain to Jubail
- offer to work BMC Muharraq area
- Does anyone know where can i buy L-argin …
- Debit cards in Bahrain!
- Schools with ESL program
- Isa Town - Driving License Application