Find a job in Norway from abroad
Information designed for citizens of the EU-EEA:
EU-EEA citizens can easily find information about employment in Norway through their national employment agencies or through European employment bodies:
- Visit EURES website, the European portal on job mobility in Europe. There are several EURES offices in Norway covering the entire territory.
- Call Jobline, (toll-free) + 47 800 33 166 (from 8.00 to 18.00) - available in Norwegian only.
- Visit the Norwegian National Employment Agency (NAV) online - available in Norwegian and English.
- Visit the Espace Emploi International website (available in French, English and Spanish).
For unsolicited applications, consult the yellow pages (Gulesider) to find addresses of the targeted companies (available in Norwegian only).
You can also take part to the Leonardo Da Vinci European programme to acquire a first professional experience in Europe, or to enrol in a training course in another European state (provided that you have a specific professional project to achieve). For more information about the Leonardo Da Vinci programme in Norway, visit the official website at http://ec.europa.eu/.
Information designed for citizens from outside the EU-EEA:
In order to get a work permit in Norway, it is highly advised to get a work contract or a valid job offer beforehand (see section "Work visas in Norway"). For more information about job offers in Norway, visit websites such as the EEI or of the chamber of commerce of your home country established in Norway.
Submit your CV on dedicated websites such as Monster or on recruiting agencies online.
Espace Emploi International (EEI)
48 boulevard de la Bastille - 75012 Paris
Phone: 01 53 02 25 50
Fax: 01 53 02 25 95
Guide section: Work
Latest guide articles
- Accommodation in Norway
- Work visas in Norway
- Traveling to Norway
- Setting a business in Norway
- Income tax in Norway
- Health care in Norway
- Customs in Norway
- If you are young...
- The Trailing Partner
- Buying A Property in Stavanger
- Salary and tax rates in Norway
- Marcello need help..!!!
- Volunteering in or near Oslo
- I need info on retiring in Norway please
- Moving to Norway!
- Americans In Trondheim
- Illegal status and procedures
- Sad news for job seekers in Norway
- how much difference between arctic areas …