Vietnam Visa - Things to Know Before You Go
A fairly convenient visa on arrival process has recently been introduced, but this requires a pre-arranged application to Hanoi Immigration Department and is generally helpful to those who wish to avoid complicated "red tape" procedures.
Some visa information you should know.
1. For visa on arrival, there should be no problem for arriving the country 1 day earlier with date provided and leave 1 day later after the visa expires. However, you can only do it at the airline's permission.
2. Small typo mistake on the visa or approval letter is accepted, however, it is strongly recommended that you check your details carefully to make sure that they are correct to avoid problem at Vietnam airport.
3. Visa regulations are often changing, so check carefully before you are due to travel. Usually, it is possible to extend visas within Vietnam but not during the Party Congresses.
4. Visa extensions are often done with less than 1 week on your ongoing visa, and after 3 extensions, you must get a new visa. The fee is ranging from 18-35USD.
5. In case, you are exempted from visa to Vietnam, and want to stay longer than your allowed time, the fee is quite expensive (50-70USD), so keep in mind this when you plan your travel itinerary.
6. Please apply for a visa to Vietnam one or two weeks in advance to avoid unwanted troubles or urgent fee.
Proud to be your local guide
Guide section: Visas
Latest guide articles
- Personal Income Tax in Vietnam
- Before You Arrive
- Vietnam Visa - Things to Know Before You Go
- Vietnam custom regulations
- Vietnam General Information
- Where to Live in Saigon or Ho Chi Minh City
- The Visa Conundrum in Vietnam
- Phone Use In Vietnam
- Working In Vietnam & Tax Liabilities
- Teaching Certificate/License in Vietnam
- Phew! Talk about astounding increase!
- Protein treatment for straightened hair- …
- wishing to come to vietnam
- Archery in Vietnam?
- Hi All any idea if i wanted to open a sh …
- I need help translating something into V …
- new member
- Importing a motorcycle into Vietnam from …
- Adding VND to iPad
- visa on arrival for Cambodia