Cycling montain bike in Hida
I went last time to the traditional and old city Furukawa. The city is really Rural and we can feel the peace and Japanese old atmosphere. It's 20 min from Takayama by train. The train cost about 260 Yens. Contrary to Takayama, there are almost no foreign tourists in the city. Locals were really surprised to see us.
I rent a mountain bike with some friends. We had a tour in amazing beautiful route with a japanese guide who by the way speak english. The rental bike house is 7 min by walk from the train station.
I really enjoyed my time, and recommend to you to do so.
Guide section: Leisure
Latest guide articles
- Kyoto Apartments
- Types of Accommodation in Japan
- Kyoto Transportation
- Driving your way through Japan
- Essential Japanese
- Cycling montain bike in Hida
- Discover Japan
- Introducing... MUKADE!
- Memoirs of an Expat in Japan
- Move to Japan
- Expat life in Japan
- Flying to Japan
- Mum wants to study Japanese in Chiba or Tokyo
- Interviews: expats in Japan
- Why I came to Japan and why I'm starting …
- Applying for Monbukagakusho scholarship …
- become EXPATS in Japan within the next year