Driving in Mauritius
If your country has signed a convention with Mauritius regarding driver’s license, your national driver’s license or an International driver’s licence will allow you to drive in the country. You can also get a Mauritian licence at the traffic bureau in Port-Louis.
For more information about the international driver’s licence, or to apply online for an international driver’s license, please visit the IDLSERVICE website at http://www.idlservice.com/.
Driving rules in Mauritius
People drive on the left-hand side of the road in Mauritius. You may need some time to get accustomed to it if you’re coming from a country where people drive on the right-hand side of the road.
Speed limitations are of 40 kmh in agglomerations and 80 kmh on main roads. You need to drive carefully in Mauritius due to shortages of road signs etc.
Mauritius traffic Branch
Guide section: Driver's licence
Latest guide articles
- Find a job in Mauritius
- Find an accommodation in Mauritius
- Retire in Mauritius
- What about your pets?
- Hash House Harriers - walkers and runners
- Emergency numbers in Mauritius
- Opening a bank account in Mauritius
- Health in Mauritius
- Move to Mauritius
- Driving in Mauritius
- Gym equipment
- Champion's league final this saturday!
- procedure to celebrate my civil marriage …
- Hey.Any business man here~~~~~~~
- Opening a nursery
- Interested to know more about Mauritius …
- GreenStar Living - (Eco Friendly Home 12 …
- achieve a permanent stay
My Mauritian Garden
Journey of an Artist"Life in Mauritius"
Bite Sized Life Blog
Mauritius or Bust
The Mauritian Expedition
Boldly Voyaging the Multiverse! Proba...
Live and Work in Mauritius
Memoirs of an Expat
Get Blogged by JoKi