Vaccines required in Ukraine

Hello everybody,

When living or moving abroad, and in particular in Ukraine, vaccination against certain diseases is often required to enter the country or to avoid risks.

We would like to ask you a few questions to help future expats there.

What is your relationship to vaccines in general?

Did you get vaccinated before moving to Ukraine?
Were these vaccinations compulsory or recommended?

Did you refuse to get any vaccine that was recommended for Ukraine? If so, why?

If you are an expatriate in Ukraine, are you encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccine? Do you have access to the vaccine and do you plan to get it?

Is this vaccine required for entering the country now?

Many thanks,

Diksha,
Expat.com team

Hi Diksha,

Yes, sure these are pandemic days and all countries are making their own rules to save themselves from the spread of the disease.
In Ukraine, while coming from India or from UAE, they are asking you to have a valid COVID 19 test report with negative remarks, which should max 72 hours old, so try to get yourself tested within that time frame including travel time.
If you are coming through UAE, there is a scam at Dubai airport, as the airlines there, especially Fly Dubai, are not letting you board their flight, even if you have a valid (Your) government-approved Test report of negative covid. They will insist you get a test done at Dubai airport, which is extremely expensive, and extremely nerve-wracking if you want to board a connecting flight.  The best part is to insist that as per WHO rules, reports produced by any government-approved covid centers taken within 72 hours should be honored, or they give it in writing that they do not accept the Government of India or any other government health reports in UAE. This will help you get through the hassle.

One more thing...be very careful to take hard copies of your tickets, boarding passes, connecting flights, and visa with you, as the airport staff (Again Fly Dubai) will ask you for hard copies, if you don't have it,  they will charge a sum of around USD $20 to make the copies from their photocopier for you.
One more thing regarding UAE airport, if you are traveling on a budget airline, and your handbag is within 7 Kgs limit, and you have mistakenly bought some duty-free items you will have to pay for extra weight, as they have a weighing machine installed at the boarding gate, which includes your duty-free purchases also within the 7 Kg limit. Excess baggage is payable @ 15 USD per Kg. This happens on budget flights specially Go-Air, Vistara, Wizz Air, etc.
Hope these tips will be helpful for you to save some money.

Ukraine have no quarantine, concert open, nightclub open, people not wear mask and no distance

i travelled Ukraine to Belgiuma and back to Ukraine they don't asked test pcr. Nothing work here welcome to mafia land they don't care you covid or not they want money.

I was infected in nightclub lviv no people car about me and they don't call me for see if i did quarantine

Much of Ukraine will be in lockdown as of April 3rd.  I have yet to know the actual travel restrictions in or out of Ukraine but must assume it will be severely restricted or not permitted for the foreseeable future until the lockdown is lifted.  Please check with your travel agent or Ukrainian government website for latest info.

i live lviv and lockdown till 12 april but only west lockdown. if you look march vaccinated people it will be 30 years for people receive first dose and 60 years for 2 doses.