Thinking of coming need advice

Hi guys

I'm thinking of coming out to mongolia when this lockdown is over...it's something I have been planning for a few years but it's all coming in to place now.

I'm collecting all my gear and want to go out hiking and just walking and camping for a couple months while bumping into herders people and so on...gear includes

tent
rucksack
fishing gear
cookware
sleeping bag
waterproof  clothing
Trekking boots
Fleece
Thermals
Shovel
Camping stove
Air rifle compact
Compact saw
Compact axe
Solar charger
Battery banks
Camp light and head lamp
First aid kit
Water filteration unit

And anything else you can recommend?

Also what are the chances of running Into or being hunted down by a pack of wolves? Is it rare or wolves stay or run from humans are they in packs or the odd solo wolf...also what are the chances of being robbed of mugged while in the wilderness and open lands? Best to have some form of firearm for safety or its safe?

Please advice all and every input is appreciated

Kind regards
Gabriel

Apart from rare lone sickly     wolf attacking people. I haven't heard of a wolves killing a person here in my 20 something years living here. Wolves however tend to attack herd quite frequently. They're pretty satiated by it. Wolves are no big deal,

Now bears on the other hand seemed to attract some news highlight with the fire in Siberia. Last year there was a great wild fire in Siberia. Numerous bears migrated to Mongolian forests for food and lair. With the scarcity of food, there was reported case of bear attack on herders. But that's just last year. Before that, I haven't heard any bear attacks. We do have good animal control, heard they shot the bear who attacked the herders.
And that happened in Forest regions. The steppe, Gobi, Altai are all safe from animal attack. It might take a while for you to encounter any animal in the Gobi.

Lots of foreigners go for trips and I see no problems.
I looked at your other post and I know a couple of foreigners who live quite comfortably as farmers in Mongolia.  Mainly vegetables and wheat. Mongolians are  nomadic herders so farming culture is not as developed. There's lots of fertile land for farms. The infrastructure is developing rapidly. So this might be one of the last chance before Mongolia becomes not so Barren, not so unploughed.