New members of the Georgia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Georgia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Georgia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi for all,

I joined this forum recently; as I'm planning to move to Georgia after June 2020.

My initial plan is to start a small project focusing on Travel and Tourism and/or languages (I speak English, French, Arabic and some Spanish) .

Ready for any advice, comments or questions.

Thanks,
Mohammad

Hello Mohammad70, the first step is to make sure you can get a visa, it's becoming more and more difficult. I'm working on a Travel and Tourism app here currently, it's slow going. Good luck.

Hello DavidB4, i joined expat like a month ago i currently live and work in Ethiopia. I was trying to get more information on Georgia. the thing is i am thinking to come and visit the country after a month or two. i already have the visitor visa and would like to see the  the country myself because i would like to work as a freelancer and start an IT business there. i am an experienced software engineer with experience here in Ethiopia and abroad countries like Israel. but i read on a lot of forums problems about people's being kicked off the airport with no valid reason. and I don't want to be a victim of such occasions and wanted to ask for more detailed information. Thanks

Hello Medhanye, I am going to check on that and will get back to you shortly.

I just Checked and they told me it's been resolved. Thanks, David for the Help

Hello, I am curious now; who is they and what was resolved? Might be information others need also...

The once who wrote it on the Forum.
People on trip advisor
https://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g2 … ilisi.html

Be careful about trusting advice from people on Tripadvisor. You should speak to an immigration attorney here to be sure.

OK Thanks, if you have any more information Let me know

This is the contact info for an attorney who gives straight answers(even if they may be ones you don't like) Luka Kordzaia, ***

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi All

My Name is Alfred. I have recently moved to Georgia "Batumi", with my family.

Are there any one staying in Batumi that we can   talk to.

Thank you

Gamarjoba! I'm a Norwegian looking to quit my day job and move to a low cost country where I can live off my savings and maybe start an Airbnb business to generate extra income. After doing a lot of research online, Georgia has become my country of choice. Friendly people, excellent food, beautiful nature, very low crime rate, and a business friendly government. What more can one ask for?

My hobbies include traveling, hiking, skiing, reading, and playing the piano (just started learning a few months ago).

Hello everyone and welcome to expat.com :)

@Alfred, nice to meet you, I hope you and your family are enjoying Batumi despite the crisis !

@Icebird, nice to meet you too, I hope you will find all the answers you're seeking on our website, don't hesitate to create a new topic if you have one in mind ;)

I wish you all an excellent day.

Regards,

Loïc
Expat.com Team

Cheers Loïc. Hope you're enjoying Mauritius.

Hello all,

Good to meet everyone.

My plan is to sell my house and flee the US to Tbilisi. It will be my Czech German Shepherd and me. She will probably like being closer to her roots.

Though I'm ancient, I had no sense in my younger days and a real knack for terrible decisions. Thus, I must work. I am an editor/published nonfiction author/teacher. All can be done remotely and via freelance. I am still working for companies at the moment. I will end up shoved into freelancing after I move. Many, if not most remote positions require that you work from the US.

I am hoping to leave after the first of the year. If anyone knows a trustworthy attorney or local contact person, please send me a private message. I don't know *anyone* in Georgia. Thank you!

Dear Jazmine,

Its a fantastic decision you took to move to Georgia. Welcome darling. You can contact me, i am local , from Tbilisi and i have business ideas, maybe you will like them and be my business partner.
So when Covid is over and flights open, welcome to Georgia.

write me an email: ***
with regards,
eka

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you, Eka. That is very kind.

What type of business are you in?

In tourism, but at the moment, because of Covid 19 all stopped. So i have other business as well, but i have a better ideas, so when you are here we will discuss, will appreciate your opinion as well. Will look forward to meet you here. Now you can consider that you already have 1 local friend :)

Hello all

My wife and I are also (potentially) looking for a change of scene from where we are staying in Indonesia to living in Georgia. I have a slight interest in Kutaisi, medium interest in living in a wine producing area or alternatively about 1/2-1hr, by public transport, from the centre of Tbilisi. All this for similar reasons as those listed by Icebird earlier this year.

I will be retired and living of limited funds and coming with a school aged son and my aforementioned wife of course! We know no-one in Georgia but as a EU citizen - along with my son - it would be fairly easy to gain residency. My wife could gain residency by investing a fairly low amount of money into real estate.

My interests are many but in terms of earning income it would be the import and export of Collectibles. For privacy sake I don't wish to go into further detail on an open forum but before I decide to move here I will wish to know tax & customs implications of my business venture. My business has gone down by 90% during this Wuhan Flu epidemic here in Indonesia. Registered mail service has stopped, other forms of shipping are prohibitively expensive for small volume orders and everything going into this country is subject to various taxes. This would be one of the reasons to leave.

On the hand, we love our lifestyle and many of the people here. It is peaceful here in the center of Java island and this global insanity of riots and encroachment on personal freedoms hasn't affected us and our immediate community. This place has proved itself as a benign place to stay. I don't know if it will be worthwhile to relocate to a place where we have no roots or friends or interests will be the right move.

Decisions, decisions.

Hi Everyone, great to be here.
My name is TerryAnn, I am from South Africa but really hoping to move out of the country for a few years.  My plans have obviously changed quite dramatically over the past year, as have many of yours.
It was my dream to land in Sicily, travel up Italy, down to Barcelona, through France, Germany, Poland and into Russia, then down to Georgia. 
I am looking at just coming to Georgia as soon as borders open up for us and looking at life there, while seeing if there is any chance of my son furthering his studies and career as an Electrical Engineer.
I look forward to being part of the group and discussions.

Hi Terry, you will find it very inexpensive to get setup and live here. Once they sort out the virus (vaccine?) you would also find it's low cost and convenient to travel to the places you mentioned (assuming all the airlines don't go bust). Construction is one of the areas where the economy is still hopping here so I would think your son would find his electrical engineering skills in high demand - don't know about the schools. Rents have been dropping and there is a great selection of places to live. Good luck, David

Thanks for the info David, really appreciate it.
Yes I am really hoping for borders to open soon, and get started on my trip.  I have no specific dates in mind, and am just going with the flow of Covid life.....
My son is a young adult and studying remotely now, and him and his fiancee will follow on once I am settled there.
How long have you lived in Georgia and what do you do?

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=915974

Thanks!

Closed