Apartment Hunting (first week of August)

Hi all!

I'm gearing up to apartment hunt the first week of August before I start work and my window for finding a place to live, getting settled in with a phone #, and buying a bike is only a week. Any suggestions/recommendations on how to efficiently see/view apartments that may have my preferred list of attributes? Ie: quite/safe(r) neighborhood, away from flash flooding areas, walking distance to a market, within 20 minute bike ride to work, gas stove, east or west facing balcony, etc..... 

Are there agencies or brokers that handle that or do I need to set up appointments with individual renters via contact info listed (on ads posted on housing forums like expat.com)?

Again, thank you all for the great info! I am packing up in the next three weeks as I will be traveling before I land in Cambodia Aug.1 hence, the mass of questions far in advance!

AJ

Cheekemonkey wrote:

Hi all!

I'm gearing up to apartment hunt the first week of August before I start work and my window for finding a place to live, getting settled in with a phone #, and buying a bike is only a week. Any suggestions/recommendations on how to efficiently see/view apartments that may have my preferred list of attributes? Ie: quite/safe(r) neighborhood, away from flash flooding areas, walking distance to a market, within 20 minute bike ride to work, gas stove, east or west facing balcony, etc..... 

Are there agencies or brokers that handle that or do I need to set up appointments with individual renters via contact info listed (on ads posted on housing forums like expat.com)?

Again, thank you all for the great info! I am packing up in the next three weeks as I will be traveling before I land in Cambodia Aug.1 hence, the mass of questions far in advance!

AJ

I have sent you a pm.

Cheers

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Hi Joe. I will also soon be in the hunt for an apartment and do not have a clue where to start looking. Please PM me also :)

Hi Joe,

Me too please, I will arrived in a couple of months and would like a bit of a heads up as well.
thanks
Kaye

Joe i'm in the exact same situation as you now. please email me at *** and tell me what you did and what the best places to live are!! Also how is it not being a native speaker there? is it hard to find work?

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

There are quite a few Facebook pages and groups dedicated to apartment rental, with new posts every day. I don't mean to sound smart but surely Google would be the first thing to check when looking for absolutely anything these days?

Here is a good one, as an example, and there are more like this.
facebook.com/groups/1386803678011166?group_view_referrer=profile_browser