American married to a Ecuadorian/ amparo visa

Hello me and my wife got married in the United States. She is currently in Ecuador, and I am in the United States, I am trying to apply for the amparo visa, I have all my required documents apostiled, and currently in the state of getting it translated and notarized in Ecuador (translation documents should be ready by Monday .  leave for Ecuador this Friday, and my question is, I heard I can register our marriage at my local Ecuadorian consulate, I'm wondering if I should do that or just do it in Ecuador ? I ask because I was in Ecuador for 10 days in December so I can only stay 80 days and of course request an additional 90 days with a fee … do you think this is enough time to register the marriage in Ecuador and get the amparo visa ?

again let me say I have all the required documents needed for the amparo visa, and that definitely took about a month of time definitely was not easy and cost me nearly $1,000

@Mat16

If there's anything I could pass on that is valuable... Do this at your Ecuadorian consulate amigo. This *** is a hot mess down there. My wife is Ecuadorian and I wish I could do this back home.

Do this at home if you can... Last I was at, ministerio de la relaciones exteriores de sur, it's a **** show. I hope you spend the least time there possible :) good luck