Portuguese community/expats in Jakarta

Hello

Does anyone know if there's a Portuguese community in Jakarta ?

I tried to find some info online but could not find anything.

Since today is the 50th anniversary of Revolução dos cravos and the end of dictatorship in Portugal, I would have appreciate to be surrounded by fellow Portuguese.

Thank you in advance for your help

Obrigada

Marine

@Marquesita

Congratulations Marquesita. You have an exotic christian name.

A good start might be to contact the cultural section of the Portuguese embassy in Jakarta. it will be one of those posh buildings in Menteng. 😉

Alas be warned that the Ambassador (according to a lady DJ who I know at the jazz radio station Brava Radio 103.8FM) states that he is culturally challenged - does not like the sound of bossa nova.  Probably a closet fan of Salazar and a 'Dangdut' head banger 🙄

@Lotus Eater thank you for your answer. I've checked the social media of the Embassy but I did not see any event linked to this celebration. There are only a few events about the Portuguese language week but they all happen in the morning on week days so I won't be able to attend.

When I first arrived, I've also found that there is no cultural institute of Portugal here (Instituto Camões).

I am bit sad about it but thats life. Will celebrate on my own!

@Marquesita

Celebrations on your own are no fun. One of the best cosmopolitan meeting venues in Jakarta is a bar named Loewy in the mega kunningan district. A real melting pot where you will encounter many nationalities and the music is to die for.

Mingle mingle mingle😃