Applying for Partner visa - passport & double citizenship question

Hy everyone,

My partner is Romanian and has pre-settled status.

I am also Romanian. We have been together for many years before Brexit, but for multiple reason I had to stay behind to settled some things in Romania.

Now we have started collected the documents needed for partner visa.

1. In the requirements for doc it is mentioned also:

"countries outside the UK you've lived in and visited

family and friends in the countries where you were born or have nationality".

I have double citizen from my previous marriage. The second citizenship is from a country which is not seen as a risk and does not give any benefits either to me, related to UK. Though all divorce papers from more than 10 years ago were completed, I have not updated/renewed the ID card or passport related to the second citizenship [can't find my second passport, and haven't used the ID or passport to enter any country post divorce]. I have used though this second citizenship passport to travel and have some visas that are more than 15 years old though. One has been for UK, 20 years ago, no issue with that or my visit back then.

Do you know if I need to provide any papers for my visa, related to this second citizenship and what? Thank you.

2. Another mention is to attach previous copies of all previous passports and visas and entry stamps. My oldest Romanian passport -which I might have lost during a move - is almost 30 years old. In another official place I found written that one does not need to submit visa/stamps/passports older than 10 years. Do you happen to know if this is the case?

Much appreciated. Have a great day! :)

Hello Akemi24,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f600.svg

I am reaching out to see if we were able to get any insight regarding this matter.

Have you tried to contact the relevant authorities? They can offer precise guidance and clarify any queries you may have regarding your situation.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks so much. No, had no reply on it.

This was my next step, contacting the authorities and then finding a solicitor to work with.

I was trying to reduce the number of questions before, though. :)

Thanks,

Akemi

And the Home Officed replied: "Also please note that we cannot provide case specific advice or pre-assess an application, but we can provide information and support you through sign posting and website navigation. If you require more specific advice then please speak to a qualified immigration advisor." Basically they refused to reply to any questions sent by email, stating that each one is personal, depending on circumstances and visa type...