Federal Employment Agency Pre approval for work.

I am suresh from India. I got a offer from German employer. He applied for pre approval from federal employment agency ( ZAV) . I read about this approval procedure in their website. It is mentioned as if there is no feedback from ZAV within two weeks it is considered to be automatically approved.

So my question is, I need to submit the approval letter to visa office in India. How do i submit the pre approval if it is automatically approved ? Do anyone face these kind of situation?

I do not think that any German buerocratic procedure is automatically approved if the officers work slowly (which is what they are best known for!). Where did you get that idea from?

@beppi

Hi beppi,

I have found the information on makeitgermany - German government portal.

Kindly find the below link.

https://www.make-it-in-germany.com/en/looking-for-foreign-professionals/entering/federal-employment-agency

They have mentioned 

“As part of the visa procedure, the competent authorities will obtain the Federal Employment Agency's approval by themselves, if need be. The BA must report back to the authorities within two weeks after the request. Once this period has expired, the approval is automatically deemed to have been granted, if not stated otherwise. If a fast-track procedure for skilled workers is carried out in preparation for the visa application, the deadline is reduced to one week”

Please check and let me know your thoughts.

Thank You for your time.

@beppi

kindly share your thought regarding my previous reply.

Thank You

Interesting!

I assume the "competent authority" in this case is the local foreigner office (Ausländerbehörde) of the town you intend to move to and which is processing your visa request. I know that they, as part of the process, request approval from the labour office. So there is a deadline (and automatic approval) on that, but not on your visa application.

In addition, the labour offica can report back (within the stipulated time), that the case is more complicated and they need longer - that is o.k.

But I know that the labour office is relatively (by German buerocratic standards) quick and efficient. The bigger problem are the local foreigners offices!

@beppi

hi beppi justnow got pre approval letter from employer.

but there is a mistake in my birth date. What to do now. correcting the mistake is possible? how long it takes?

Thank you

@Suresh Kumar49 German authorities always identify a person with both name AND birth date - to differentiate you from a Suresh Kumar (if that is your real name) born at another time. Thus your employer MUST get this corrected, before you use the document!

Hi Suresh,

Congratulations on getting your ZAV. I wanted to ask how much time did it typically take for you to receive the ZAV pre-approval?