Buying or building a home in the Pedasi to Chitri area

Hello everyone, I'm very interested in buying or building a home in the pedasi to chitri area .  can you let me know what and where is the best area . am l for ocean front or ocean view. my name is Steve.  looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Hello Steve,

Welcome !

Please note that this new thread has been created from your post on the Panama forum since the topic where you initially posted is too old, all members are inactive.

Hope members of the Panama forum will guide you soon.

Regards

Bhavna

@arbucklesteve

Hi Steve,

We have lived in Panama since 2012 and started our design, cabinet and stone countertop manufacturing company, Pan Pacific Interiors in 2014.

The stories we have heard, seen and experienced while here we could write a book on.

We are based in David and do a lot of work in the Pedasi area, it is beautiful there.

We have worked with some great builders there and some not so great builders.

Here are some things that you will want to consider:

1. Architects design houses and are not very good at designing interiors
  2. you should always bring in an independent professional to do this
  3. Architects here often market themselves as builders too
  4. there is a couple challenges with this:
  5. when something is not right they cannot take an unbiased view...because they are biased
  6. they do not put together realistic, itemized construction budgets
  7. they allow very little for the interior finishes and these of course are what make a house a home
  8. My suggestion would be to find the lot / home you like first
  9. ensure it has clear title
  10. ensure it has power on site
  11. ensure it has water on site
  12. You may find purchasing an area you like and doing renovations - even extensive ones my be more cost effective and easier

If we can be of any assistance or you would like more information please feel free to contact me at ***

Moderated by Bhavna 2 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Bhavna

Hi BHavna!

Nice to meet you! 😊 Im Tracy. New to the site. trying to get as much information as possible before I make my move at the end of the year. 😊