Will european SIM card for calls work on Cabo Verde ?

or do I need to get a local sim card to receive calls  ?

will I be able to use the internet on my european SIM card in Cabo Verde ?

or do I need to get a local sim card to receive calls  ?
will I be able to use the internet on my european SIM card in Cabo Verde ?

-@Saxio

SIM cards, wherever issued, work everywhere around the globe. If you are not in the region where your SIM card operator is located, then you must put your mobile phone into the ROAMING mode in order to make and receive calls and SMS, or access the internet.

However, roaming is extremely expensive. So it is highly advisable that you use a local SIM card wherever you happen to be on the globe to obtain the local rates.

I was on Boa Vista for a month and did not want to use a local SIM Card in my phone cause I was affraid of all my apps that I use with a authentifier ...

So I took an old phone, put a local card in it and used it as a hot spot, so I could leave my european one like it was without any changes.

Local cards are really cheap compared with German...

Good luck,

Stefan

@Stefan HH

That's a great idea, Stefan. I suspect you'll still have to keep the European SIM card on Roaming for authentication purposes if the authentication is via call/SMS. If the authentication is via email, then the Hotspot would be an excellent solution.

Also, some Android phones have 2 SIM card slots so it's possible to keep the European SIM card as well as a local card for local calls and internet connections.

Angelo