Chances of getting sponsorship in Perth, Australia

Hello. I would like some advice please from people with lots of experience in this subject. My family and I live in England, all British. Currently, I have been trying to weigh the pros and cons of moving to a different country where quality of living and work environment as well as raising a family will be far better. I have been to Australia a couple of times as I have family there (cousins and second cousins who live in Melbourne) and they have also said that moving to Australia will be far better than continuing to live in the UK. I've enjoyed my stay in Australia but I have never really experienced actually living there but I can definitely say that my cousins are far happier there than in England. They've lived there for over 40 years and refuse to come back to the UK.

Now, my husband has never left the UK and so has my two year old. He has family here that he is very close to and he would ideally prefer to wait until he is 35-40 years old to even consider moving. However, I know that trying to get sponsorship has a time limit. My husband has worked as a chef during his whole career (restaurant/cafe work) and I've worked mainly as a housekeeper. I know that he wont have problems getting sponsorship if he decides to start looking today but I know that I will have issues because a housekeeper isnt seen as skilled work. Our quality of life here in the UK is not great. Everything we earn goes straight to expensive rent, childcare and insurance. Our wages are awful and trying to find any higher paying jobs is near impossible.

Would any of you tell me if youve been in a similar situation before you decided to move to Australia? Have you seen a considerable difference and if so, how easy did you find someone to help you get a job? Would I need to start looking for a different job here in the UK to help improve our chances of getting sponsorship in the future? What would we need to do to start preparing and would you have any links that you could attach to this topic that can help us? Many thanks!